Granato’s Role

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Sabres fan here ,

What exactly was Don Granato’s role with the Hawks? Did he work with the Forwards , Defense , PP, PK? Just trying to figure out what his role will be in Buffalo

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Sabres fan here ,

What exactly was Don Granato’s role with the Hawks? Did he work with the Forwards , Defense , PP, PK? Just trying to figure out what his role will be in Buffalo

It was kind of vague, but he was listed as a "development coach" which you could surmise coming from U of W that his responsibility dealt with player development of the youth and rookies

I dont think he had any special teams responsibilities like that. For much of the year Barry Smith was handling the power play, brookbank was brought in to handle the defense later, and Colliton kind of handled both throughout the transition

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Sabres fan here ,

The impression at the time was that he was a plant for Bowman during the end of Q’s tenure. Not sure what else he may have done but it’s hard to imagine Q giving him more responsibilities than his hand picked guys.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Interesting.

I'm not sure anyone knew his true role here. He was brought in to communicate with young guys on the team because Coach Q couldn't. Then Jeremy Colliton got hired so Granato had no place here.

I guess all I can say is he's a neutral pick up for you guys. Nobody here will tell you that they disliked Granato. He never did anything wrong. He just didn't stand out in any way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad