Graf Skates-Help with skating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticks of Fury

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
I am curious with Graf skates because the website claims that their skates will help with a better forward skating technique. I know Graf has a more aggressive pitch (forward) than others and maybe they have a softer ankle area. Just want to know if any Graf skate owners can verify this. Did you manage to get a better skating technique?

I am tempted to just buy a used pair online (705's)

IkeaMonkey*

Nothing but "god given talent" and effort will make you a better skater.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Secondhand info here, but a buddy of mine picked up a pair recently. He said they were tough to get used to... said they basically forced you into a good knee bend or you'd be pitched forward and off balance. If you already have a good knee bend all the time, seems to me that you might not get much extra out of 'em. I hear they're nice. I'd like to try a pair, but I'm not going to part with the extra money.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
ceber said:
Secondhand info here, but a buddy of mine picked up a pair recently. He said they were tough to get used to... said they basically forced you into a good knee bend or you'd be pitched forward and off balance. If you already have a good knee bend all the time, seems to me that you might not get much extra out of 'em. I hear they're nice. I'd like to try a pair, but I'm not going to part with the extra money.
Not having enough knee bend is a problem for me at times. Hmm wonder if I should look into a pair?

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i switched from bauer vapors to 705's this year and i love them, they are stiffer and force you to skate lower to the ice (more knee bend). i haven't noticed a change in my speed but definetly in turning and switching direction.
hope this helps a bit,

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
I got my G3's about a month ago. I LOVE them. They're awesome. Best skate I've ever worn period. The pitch on them is odd at first, and definitely gets you into a better skating position right away.

Like others have said though, you can't buy good skating in a box...lol...that being said, these at least help with your stance, which in turn leads to a better stride.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
Just wondering what you long time guys think(I am only a beginner at 28). I have been playing since October and am working on my skating 2- 3 times a week. I bought a pair of CCM prolites. They are the lower end ones about 100 bucks. Would it be worth it for me as I progress to look into maybe a pair of Grafs? I do currently have a problem at times keeping my knees bent enough or do you think that will come more with time? Or would a pair of Grafs help with this? Just curious.
thanks

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Dan Galvin said:
Just wondering what you long time guys think(I am only a beginner at 28). I have been playing since October and am working on my skating 2- 3 times a week. I bought a pair of CCM prolites. They are the lower end ones about 100 bucks. Would it be worth it for me as I progress to look into maybe a pair of Grafs? I do currently have a problem at times keeping my knees bent enough or do you think that will come more with time? Or would a pair of Grafs help with this? Just curious.
thanks

The grafs will pretty much forces you to bend your knees pretty soon it will become habit. they are expensive but you can get used pairs for decent prices. in my opinion if you have the money its worth it.

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
CornKicker said:
The grafs will pretty much forces you to bend your knees pretty soon it will become habit. they are expensive but you can get used pairs for decent prices. in my opinion if you have the money its worth it.
At the same time however, you don't want to end up with too much of a skate for you. In otherwords, you want to still be able to flex the skate so you're not losing out in your power transfer. That being said, a used pair of grafs will be broken in (generally) and thus you'd likely be able to flex them no problem.

You just have to be careful as to not get a pair of skates that are too much of a skate for you if you're just a beginner.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
Canadian Chris said:
At the same time however, you don't want to end up with too much of a skate for you. In otherwords, you want to still be able to flex the skate so you're not losing out in your power transfer. That being said, a used pair of grafs will be broken in (generally) and thus you'd likely be able to flex them no problem.

You just have to be careful as to not get a pair of skates that are too much of a skate for you if you're just a beginner.
Thanks for the info

Pensfan86

Mar 18, 2002
Steel City(Pittsburgh)
Visit site
this can sound stupid as you want it to, but i swear wheni bought the bauer vapor 20s, my stride was better due to how disgustingly light they were...now im used to them, so im sure its no different then it ever was...but i swear, i coudl have outskated anyone when i first got those bad boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad