Grade the newcomers

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah it's early I know...

Grading the new guys that weren't in the org last year.

Kerfoot: A
Yakupov: A
Wilson: B
Neimeth: B+
Bernier: B+

That's pretty impressive IMO considering that they were all "free" except Wilson (4th rounder).

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I like your ratings. No complaints about these guys.

Kerfoot: A. Second best forward through two games after Duchene IMO

Yakupov: B+. Exceeding my expectations. Most likeable guy on the team. I find he's a little positionally lost sometimes and instead of gaining the zone by entering the zone wide he tends to cut to the middle in the neutral zone which is kind of odd but overall he's been a treat of a free asset.

Wilson: B. Very effective player. An absolute luxury on the 4th line. He's slow getting started and doesn't have much skill but he's a forechecking monster.

Neimeth: B+. Thought he was crap until I saw him in an Avs jersey. Proudly eating lots of crow on this claim.

Bernier: A. Small sample size but he was unbelievable. SV% doesn't look great but it's not on him.

Reactions: Balthazar

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I like what I've seen so far but I'll wait to give out grades until we have a bigger sample size. 3 games isn't enough for me to judge them

Reactions: McMetal

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Kerfoot: B
He's been good. Good poise and awareness. Feisty and strong along the boards for a guy that's three apples high.

Yakupov: B
We've seen more of good Yak than bad Yak. He's a bit confused at times but his puck skills are there.

Wilson: C+
Works hard but hasn't really clicked with his line mates. That will come.

Neimeth: B+
Just have to be the safe guy next to a Barrie and he'll look good. It's almost refreshing to not have a guy go mental like Holden and Beauchemin with crazy pinches because they figure Barrie is fast.

Bernier: B-
Just one game but he showed his athleticism. Can't really blame him for the loss.

Reactions: Hennessy

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
It's still early but wanted to say Yak may have been one of the best things that happened to this team. Even if he slows down his attitude just seems infectious in a locker room that might have been desperate for it coming into this year.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It's still early but wanted to say Yak may have been one of the best things that happened to this team. Even if he slows down his attitude just seems infectious in a locker room that might have been desperate for it coming into this year.

It's crazy that Yakupov still has this attitude with everything that has happened to him. I don't know how many players have the mental fortitude to go from the #1 Overall pick and putting up 31 points in 48 games to being demoted to the 4th line, constantly scratched, being labelled as a bust and come into the locker room of the worst team post-lockout and see sunshine and rainbows.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
It's crazy that Yakupov still has this attitude with everything that has happened to him. I don't know how many players have the mental fortitude to go from the #1 Overall pick and putting up 31 points in 48 games to being demoted to the 4th line, constantly scratched, being labelled as a bust and come into the locker room of the worst team post-lockout and see sunshine and rainbows.

Agreed. It's very impressive especially for someone his age.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Agreed. It's very impressive especially for someone his age.
TV said in the Yak thread that he stays with his family and doesn't have a wife/gf....I think he's just a big kid which explains why he looks a bit naive and keeps this overly positive attitude. That's not a bad thing in his case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->