OT: Gotta love the peeps who run the Kings Twitter account

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
I love these accounts...We saw it with the Stars when they went after the Leafs and Bieber. I think that night, the account drew more traffic in one night than it had in the past month, which leads to the question, "Why don't more teams run accounts like this?"

I think the fans are always frustrated by how robotic the Isles' Twitter account is, so if you hire one guy to solely run social media, then the team could have a more fun take and I'm sure attract more followers and likes via social media.

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
I love these accounts...We saw it with the Stars when they went after the Leafs and Bieber. I think that night, the account drew more traffic in one night than it had in the past month, which leads to the question, "Why don't more teams run accounts like this?"

I think the fans are always frustrated by how robotic the Isles' Twitter account is, so if you hire one guy to solely run social media, then the team could have a more fun take and I'm sure attract more followers and likes via social media.

We were the first team to have ice girls. That is this teams biggest on and off achievement since 1993!

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Wish and Isles fan made fun of that Canucks fan for the 'We Are All Canucks' slogan, because I'm pretty sure we did it before them, just like the Simpsons.

The Canucks ripped it off from us, we used it first.

I don't know, I think whoever runs the Kings twitter is pretty unprofessional. While it can be funny, some anonymous person representing the organization with witty remarks and all... that's an Isles like move aka Mickey Mouse.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It also reminds me of the Stars vs Cowboys twitter thing a few years back, which was quite entertaining to me as a Giants fan.

http://deadspin.com/5974140/the-cow...he-dallas-stars-eventually-gave-it-right-back

The Canucks ripped it off from us, we used it first.

I don't know, I think whoever runs the Kings twitter is pretty unprofessional. While it can be funny, some anonymous person representing the organization with witty remarks and all... that's an Isles like move aka Mickey Mouse.

I think more organizations are doing it, because it gives some character and attracts attention. I'm not sure I'd say it's a Mickey Mouse thing.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I think more organizations are doing it, because it gives some character and attracts attention. I'm not sure I'd say it's a Mickey Mouse thing.

In this world of social media, I can understand the need to have it. I don't understand the need to act like a teenager for those that maintain the twitter account. It's easy when you're anonymous too, no accountability. That's what I consider Mickey Mouse.

I guess I'm more sensitive than others. With all due respect to Snapshot (Congrats on the job there again), but I despise Yelp and what it's about. It gives the most annoying and opinionated people power because they have a high post count so their opinions seemingly carry more weight. It's easy to be a wise ass and a donkey when you can hide behind the wall of anonymity when posting.

/rant

haha, I just described HF too. doh.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
In this world of social media, I can understand the need to have it. I don't understand the need to act like a teenager for those that maintain the twitter account. It's easy when you're anonymous too, no accountability. That's what I consider Mickey Mouse.

I guess I'm more sensitive than others. With all due respect to Snapshot (Congrats on the job there again), but I despise Yelp and what it's about. It gives the most annoying and opinionated people power because they have a high post count so their opinions seemingly carry more weight. It's easy to be a wise ass and a donkey when you can hide behind the wall of anonymity when posting.

/rant

Took the words right out of my keyboard!

dtrain24

May 5, 2014
Farmingdale, NY.
I love the LAK twitter account. I'm a pretty big Sharks supporter, and they were one of the things that slightly lessened the blow of that epic collapse.

I wish the Islanders Twitter was run like the Kings run their's, or even half as good. We've got to have one of the most boring (if not the most) NHL Twitter accounts out there.

Gotta love their consistency with making snappy one-liners. Hell, I remember when an Isles fan tried to offer a couple of our duds for Toffoli and/or Martin Jones to them, and they replied "This isn't NHL 14. Try again."

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

/rant

I think it's pretty fair to say that the whole world of sports is just a bunch of people acting like teenagers. It's part of the draw....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad