Gord Miller should check his facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Haha, McGuire is certainly a character. I just think he repeats things waaay too much, the two line pass especially, he will say the EXACT SAME WORDS like every game and we get it. But other than that, he really gets in to it and you can tell he has a passion for the game which is great. He can certainly make me laugh with some of the strange phrases he pulls out too, haha. Gord and Pierre are definitely my favorite tandem however, along with all the guys at TSN, making an excellent crew.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't see the need to distinguish a hat trick from "a natural" hat trick. In Finland, if you score 3 goals in a game, whether it's hockey or soccer, it's a hat trick. Simple as that.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I miss the days of...

Paul.Rom and Jim Hughson.Gord's a good guy,not a fan of Pierre.I;m old school TSN all the way and I'm not that old :)

do u really think that was Gord Miller Posting?I don't know...

Gord Miller

Mar 16, 2004
I just checked my driver's licence to make sure, and it turns out I am still me...at least for now. :D

BCCHL inactive

G. Miller said:
I just checked my driver's licence to make sure, and it turns out I am still me...at least for now. :D

Does that mean you have more exciting New Years plans than I do?

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Sparepart said:
He's from Montreal. Still owns a house in Montreal even though he works in Toronto, he visits Montreal all the time during the season though.

Pierre was the habs colour commentator on CJAD for a few years until TSN noticed his work. Pierre is a habs fan, though he makes it a point to be as unbiased as possible when it comes to them (he overdoes it sometimes with his criticisms) so when I heard him praise Kostitsyn on his play the other night I was very pleased, considering the number of habs players & prospects pierre has slammed in the past.

While he refers to himself as a Montrealer, I believe he was in fact born in New Jersey.

I remember one broadcast where this very topic was brought up :) I believe Gord mentionned he (Pierre) was born in Jersey and Pierre feigned mock offense and said he was a Montrealer.

Gord Miller

Mar 16, 2004
My New Year's eve is being spent in my hotel room getting ready for the double header tomorrow (Just found out the US hasn't lost to Sweden since '96, by the way-the last time the tournament was played in the states).

As for Pierre, he was born in Montreal, but went to High School in New Jersey.

Happy New Year all, I am off to do some work and go to bed...lots of games coming up, should be fun.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
G. Miller said:
My New Year's eve is being spent in my hotel room getting ready for the double header tomorrow (Just found out the US hasn't lost to Sweden since '96, by the way-the last time the tournament was played in the states).

As for Pierre, he was born in Montreal, but went to High School in New Jersey.

Happy New Year all, I am off to do some work and go to bed...lots of games coming up, should be fun.

How I wish I was you.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
First of all Gord is one of the best play by play guys in hockey today (long time Jets announcer Kurt Kielback and Sportsnet's Jim Hughson are also top 3)

I am also in broadcasting (radio) and I know how easy it is to make a mistake when you are interpreting live events. Gord has an incredibly difficult job and does it very well! Not to insult anyone reading this, but if you haven't experienced broadcasting live, you just don't know how hard it is.

As for Pierre, I couldn't stand him at first, but he's really grown on me. He is very intelligent and obviously knows alot about the game. I just wish he wouldn't try to shove the 'no centre line' down our throats every game and go over the top when pronouncing foreign or French-Canadian names. Listen to him say Martin Brodeur... he sounds like he has plegm in his throat. Also, he shouldn't use words like incredulous unless he knows what they mean.

Gord... keep up the great work and if the NHL ever comes back and you're doing a broadcast from Edmonton, we should do a trade-off... I'll give you a tour of our state of the art studios coming to West Edmonton Mall in May '05, if you let me sit in on a broadcast.

Vic Rattlehead*

CanadianPantherFan said:
Paul.Rom and Jim Hughson.Gord's a good guy,not a fan of Pierre.I;m old school TSN all the way and I'm not that old :)

do u really think that was Gord Miller Posting?I don't know...

HF checks these things out, and it is Gord Miller.

Rick Middleton

May 14, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Yes, its Gord Miller. And no, I'm not Rick Middleton. Well, at least not that Rick Middleton. I'm THE Rick Middleton, of HF glory.

Oh yeah, let's end this thread now, mmmkay? It's run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad