OT: Gooooooal!! The Association Football Thread #124 - USMNT, PL, MLS, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Is this Chelsea game on NBCSN a playoff game?

There's no playoff games for Premier League. They just have table where the top team wins the league and the top 4 advance to the Champions League and bottom 3 are relegated.

They're on the cusp of the Champions League. They're fifth, 2 points behind Tottenham, for a spot in the champions league

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
There's no playoff games for Premier League. They just have table where the top team wins the league and the top 4 advance to the Champions League and bottom 3 are relegated.

They're on the cusp of the Champions League. They're fifth, 2 points behind Tottenham, for a spot in the champions league

Does every league in UEFA send 4 teams or do different leagues get different numbers of slots?

sabremike

Dr. K Forever!!!
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Does every league in UEFA send 4 teams or do different leagues get different numbers of slots?
Only the top (I think) 4 leagues get 4 spots. Other leagues end up with multiple spots while some leagues end up with one spot. All depends on the strength of the respective league. I still think all non champions should have to qualify for the group stages because they aren't actually, you know, champions.

Reactions: Blackjack

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Only the top (I think) 4 leagues get 4 spots. Other leagues end up with multiple spots while some leagues end up with one spot. All depends on the strength of the respective league. I still think all non champions should have to qualify for the group stages because they aren't actually, you know, champions.

Yeah, that makes sense, you wouldn't expect the Scottish league or the Portuguese league to send 4 teams, lol.

sabremike

Dr. K Forever!!!
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Yeah, that makes sense, you wouldn't expect the Scottish league or the Portuguese league to send 4 teams, lol.
The Portuguese league is actually one that I think at one point was strong enough they got 3 spots, but now I think they get 2. With Sevco being crap Scotland is essentially a one team league.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Yea, we punched them right in the mouth early and never let up.

Also loved the fact that we scored 2 goals before half the stadium showed up. Be there on time, ladies and gents!
I had a couple friends get to the stadium at 1:45... 15 min before kickoff and they had problems finding parking and there were really long lines getting into the building. That place is a logistical nightmare.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I had a couple friends get to the stadium at 1:45... 15 min before kickoff and they had problems finding parking and there were really long lines getting into the building. That place is a logistical nightmare.

There's not many venues anywhere that you can show up 15 mins before the start of the game, find a parking spot and get into the building on time.

I can do it for the Devils games, especially on a weekday because of where I park but for big games I still show up before that just because you never know with traffic. I never do it for Red Bulls games since the parking is definitely harder if you get there later.

sabremike

Dr. K Forever!!!
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
They could ditch the kid toucher security bullcrap, that would help. First the wand you then they grope you. Best one was seeing them give a 7 year old girl the full molestation treatment at the Chicago game (you know, the one for Autism Awareness where there were lots of kid with autism in attendance?). Idiots.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Taking off on Friday, attending my first match at Anfield on Sunday.

I don't think it's gonna hit me until I see the ground in person.

Well no Roma supporters will be around to hit you so you'll actually make it inside where the magic happens.

Enjoy!

Reactions: New Jersey

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
i'll kill you, you kopite scum

KJxX3ba.gif

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Hey friends... if you're interested, this week's podcast had an interview with Kristian Dyer (MSG Red Bulls Insider) where we talked about the win over NYCFC and what the team needs to do during the transfer window.

Also, we just trash talked NYCFC fans for about a half hour :)

Reactions: Basement Cat

sabremike

Dr. K Forever!!!
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hey friends... if you're interested, this week's podcast had an interview with Kristian Dyer (MSG Red Bulls Insider) where we talked about the win over NYCFC and what the team needs to do during the transfer window.

Also, we just trash talked NYCFC fans for about a half hour :)

You should've asked him about his days in 101 at Giants Stadium and Lot 16A. Known him forever and it's just amazing thinking of him then and where he is now.

Reactions: njdevil26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->