OT: Gooooooal!! The Association Football Thread #124 - USMNT, PL, MLS, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
The fact that those visiting Roma supporters were at the Kop end to even begin with f***ing infuriates me. They specifically infiltrated in order to assault someone.

Degenerates. Roma fans actually have a track record of attacking English fans in general. There have been violence between them and Manchester United and Chelsea supporters, as well.

I genuinely fear for the safety of Liverpool supporters who travel to the Olimpico next week. Please don't get stabbed.

Last edited:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
The fact that those visiting Roma supporters were at the Kop end to even begin with ****ing infuriates me. They specifically infiltrated in order to assault someone.

Degenerates. Roma fans actually have a track record of attacking English fans in general. There have been violence between them and Manchester United and Chelsea supporters, as well.

I genuinely fear for the safety of Liverpool supporters who travel to the Olimpico next week. Please don't get stabbed.

Also remember Lazio (the "county" that Rome is in) had the problem where their fans violently attacked Tottenham fans recently. It's disgusting.

Reactions: New Jersey

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I don't think of Italy when I hear the words hooligan or thuggery

I guess the recent change of demographics in Italy has something to do with it.

Reactions: New Jersey

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

It gets pretty nuts in France, too. Especially Marseille.

It ain’t just Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, etc.

English fans by modern standards when you keep their past in perspective are pretty tame in regards to violence. Worst you’ll see instigated by Liverpool fans typically is stuff like throwing shit at and intimidating the visitors’ bus pulling up to Anfield.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Eh, I mean this has been going on in Italian football for a long time. Basically the key difference is the hooliganism and organized violence never stopped in places like Italy and especially out in eastern Europe, while it did pretty much in England, Germany, etc.

Poland has experienced a lot of vicious hooligan brawls and property destruction over the years.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ

There is definitely a lot of fan violence in Italy.

For two years, Juventus and Napoli supporters weren't allowed to travel to each other's stadiums.

Lazio and Roma fans absolutely hate eachother for geography AND political reasons.

Lazio gets nicknamed Nazio because they have a large group of far right wing neo Nazis as fans. They sing songs likening Roma players to Anne Frank. You can Google that because it's pretty recent.

In general, the North and the South absolutely hate each other. North Italy has been historically nasty and awful to Southern Italy treating them as poor sub-human peasants.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
There is definitely a lot of fan violence in Italy.

For two years, Juventus and Napoli supporters weren't allowed to travel to each other's stadiums.

Lazio and Roma fans absolutely hate eachother for geography AND political reasons.

Lazio gets nicknamed Nazio because they have a large group of far right wing neo Nazis as fans. They sing songs likening Roma players to Anne Frank. You can Google that because it's pretty recent.

In general, the North and the South absolutely hate each other. North Italy has been historically nasty and awful to Southern Italy treating them as poor sub-human peasants.

Are there any good Northern Italian restaurants in NJ?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I enjoyed seeing Toronto and more importantly Bradley lose so much and the maple leafs got bounced tonight in game 7. The whole city up there is miserable tonight haha

Reactions: sabremike

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I enjoyed seeing Toronto and more importantly Bradley lose so much and the maple leafs got bounced tonight in game 7. The whole city up there is miserable tonight haha

Halfway through the game I realized I wanted TFC to win. Think of it this way.... Chivas (admittedly having a down year) is close to the bottom of the table in Liga MX. Toronto is being lauded as the best MLS team of all time. Do we really want... as MLS fans... the "best MLS team of all time" to lost to a bottom table Mexican team?

I am honestly truly baffled at how RBNY didn't beat Chivas and how Toronto didn't destroy them.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Halfway through the game I realized I wanted TFC to win. Think of it this way.... Chivas (admittedly having a down year) is close to the bottom of the table in Liga MX. Toronto is being lauded as the best MLS team of all time. Do we really want... as MLS fans... the "best MLS team of all time" to lost to a bottom table Mexican team?

I am honestly truly baffled at how RBNY didn't beat Chivas and how Toronto didn't destroy them.

I'm not an MLS fan, I'm a Red Bulls fan. If there was a champions league in hockey I sure as hell wouldn't be rooting for Tampa Bay to win it just because the NHL never won it before. Toronto just knocked us out of the playoffs by acting like a bunch of scum bags. Jozy acted like a complete fool. Giovinco is such a crybaby with how he acts constantly running to the refs and screaming at them. Plus Bradley and Jozy with how they performed for the USA team don't deserve to win shit.

Also Toronto doesn't have that much depth and it shows, it's why they are last place in East right now.

I get the MLS-NHL comparison isn't the best since the NHL is the best league in the world but I just don't care what other people think of the MLS. The league keeps growing and getting better and better every year anyway. I want us to be the first ones to win the Champion league and if we can't do it I'll gladly root against every other MLS team until we do.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

thank you for putting this in here. i am by no means even a roma sympathizer but i can't stomach lazio for this reason and i HATE that lucas leiva plays for those mussolini-idolizing twats.

Giovinco is such a crybaby with how he acts constantly running to the refs and screaming at them.

speaking of italian football...

Reactions: Satans Hockey

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Straight from S.S. Lazio fans - Wikipedia.

Lazio's most notable rivalry is with Lazio neighbours A.S. Roma, with matches between the two teams referred to as Derby della Capitale. The Rome derby has been the scene of several actions related to the political views of the fan bases. A minority of Lazio's ultras used to use swastikas and fascist symbols on their banners, and they have displayed racist behaviour in several occasions during the derbies. Most notably, at a derby of the season 1998–99, laziali unfurled a 50-metre banner around the Curva Nord that read, "Auschwitz is your town, the ovens are your houses". Black players of Roma have often been receivers of racist and offensive behaviour.[12] During the late 1970s, Lazio developed a strong hate for Pescara Calcio, who in return consider Lazio a rival.[9] The ultras consider both Livorno and Atalanta to be among their greatest enemies. Both of these rivalries were born due to political ideologies, with both Livorno and Atalanta having predominately left-wing fans, while Lazio's hardcore is far-right. Lazio icon Paolo Di Canio and Livorno icon Cristiano Lucarelli have both performed controversial ideological salutes to fans during some of their matches. Other rivals in Italy include Fiorentina, Juventus, Napoli and Milan as rivals.

Needless to say, this isn't on the Italian version of the article. They're f***ing scum.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Here's more:

Lazio fined for anti-Semitic Anne Frank stickers against Roma
"Fans posted images of the Holocaust victim in a Roma jersey alongside slogans such as "Roma fans are Jews"."

lazio-anti-semitism.jpg

anna-frank-maglia-roma-2.jpg

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Whatever your opinion of humanity is Italian soccer fans are guaranteed to lower it by at least 50%. They are the ones who literally assassinated a police officer a few years back.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Some 914 United/blood money FC fan is talking crap about Jersey (of course, that's their only line like they are Fire fans with only one song). Should I hit him with "do you know what Jersey had that New York didn't? The NHL Playoffs!"?

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Some 914 United/blood money FC fan is talking crap about Jersey (of course, that's their only line like they are Fire fans with only one song). Should I hit him with "do you know what Jersey had that New York didn't? The NHL Playoffs!"?

Nah, you're more likely to get a rise out of them by reminding them that Jersey has two NFL teams and NYC has none.

Anyway, Liverpool are going to Kiev and life is beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad