OT: Gooooooal!! The Association Football Thread #124 - USMNT, PL, MLS, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
The security didn't give a crap. One of them was like "whatever it's the last game... what are we going to do, kick you out?" Our group (meaning the entirety of the travelling support) was a little crazy yesterday.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
No announcement yet. The Red Bulls members plus site had that the game was Monday at 8pm.... but the team still says it's not confirmed. I THINK after the games tonight, ESPN/FS1 is going to decide which game they want on which day. If Atlanta wins, the Atlanta/NYCFC game will be the better draw.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
TFC is rolling like the old LA Galaxy club used to. All cylinders firing.

I hope Tyler Adams stays another year. Kid gets better every game he plays. He and Pulisic could be the USMNT's central midfield tandem for a decade.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I honestly hope the game is on Tuesday as I have off the next day. If it's on Monday I have to go to work at 5am the next day and be a zombie.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
The game is Monday at 7.

Kick off is 7:25 but they want everyone to try to get to their seats by 7.

I am frantically trying to figure out the best way to get to and from Toronto for the second leg next Sunday.

IcedMaidenDeth

Feb 7, 2010
New Jersey
Red Bulls are in a difficult spot. Having to win at Toronto and score at least two goals is the only way they can advance or force overtime at this point, right? I'm not terribly optimistic.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Yeah they have to score 2 goals.

2-0- We win 3-2 overall.

2-1- All tied and even on away goals and go to extra time.

2-2- We Lose 4-3 overall.

ANY draw other than 2-2 overall will result in a RB win because of away goals. So we could win 3-2, 4-3, and so on and win.

I think the best we can hope for is that we win that game 2-0 or 2-1 forcing extra time.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
ANY draw other than 2-2 overall will result in a RB win because of away goals. So we could win 3-2, 4-3, and so on and win.

I think the best we can hope for is that we win that game 2-0 or 2-1 forcing extra time.

How is that possible? Away goals > aggregate score?! That would be kind of stupid.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
How is that possible? Away goals > aggregate score?! That would be kind of stupid.

He means draws on aggregate. If we tie 3-3 we still lose on aggregate 5-4 but if we win 3-2 we tie on aggregate 4-4 and advance cause we scored more road goals.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He means draws on aggregate. If we tie 3-3 we still lose on aggregate 5-4 but if we win 3-2 we tie on aggregate 4-4 and advance cause we scored more road goals.

Well that I get since every other playoff around the world seems to have that as a tiebreaker but the way he wrote it seemed like a draw other than 2-2 would be good enough to advance in MLS.

I actually prefer road goals deciding an even two-game playoff over say, penalty kicks (which should be a last resort).

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Moving Columbus to Austin is stupid. 2 MLS teams in Texas already and Dallas has literally never drawn fans ever considering their stadium is in the middle of the suburbs and Houston fell off after the first 2 years in the new stadium. He's just trying to boost the clubs value so he can sell it off. He should be run out of the league.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Yeah....

Then, an NYCFC fan gives another black eye to their fanbase yesterday. Apparently one of the victims in the NYC terror attack is was a Red Bull van as per his photo on NJ.com (wearing a RB jersey).

Then an NYCFC fan (@Josh_BKNY) goes on Twitter and says that he saw that a victim was a RB fan and he decided "IDGAF"

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Italy's first missed WC since 1958. And we thought missing for the first time since 1986 was calamatious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->