Goon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Dark Metamorphosis said:
Yeah but Malkin's 10 months younger. He has the potential to be a better fighter.

Er, do either of them fight at all?

It's probably some guy nobody has ever heard of.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Ovechkin just got in a fight recently with a guy who is about 30 years old and weighs 18 pounds more than Ovechkin. Apparently the guy broke Ovechkin's nose then they fought.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, pure fighters aren't usually drafted anyway.

Eager is an exception, but it's mostly because of his ability to play the game, I've never really heard anyone rave about his fighting skills.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Jacobv2 said:
Tell the Canucks that. They used their 5th Round Choice last year to select French goon Marc-Andre Roy, Im a better hockey player than him.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:

Eager is an exception, but it's mostly because of his ability to play the game, I've never really heard anyone rave about his fighting skills.

Eager is hart and lots of speed as well, when I guy is 6'3 215 and can skate that fast he is a 1st rnd pick!

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I've never seen him play, but I've heard that he's mostly a sideshow, with lots of trash talking and turtling.

paxtang

May 1, 2003
Harrisburg
Jacobv2 said:
I've never seen him play, but I've heard that he's mostly a sideshow, with lots of trash talking and turtling.

He's a good fighter, but he does do the fake glove drops and turtles as well, comparable to a guy like Brashear or Domi.

Sabes

Feb 27, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I'll give a real answer here and nominate Evan Schafer from Prince Albert(WHL). He is 6'2 221 and had 192 PIM in 71 games. Mark Fistric is also a pretty tough kid from Vancouver(WHL).

Lisa Needs Braces

Apr 7, 2004
Fedz said:
Tell the Canucks that. They used their 5th Round Choice last year to select French goon Marc-Andre Roy, Im a better hockey player than him.

Tell that to the Quebec Nordiques/Colorado Avalanche, They took Wade Belak 12th overall :banghead: :banghead:

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Georges Laraque Left Wing
Born Dec 7 1976 -- Montreal, PQ
Height 6.03 -- Weight 230 -- Shoots R
Selected by Edmonton Oilers round 2 #31 overall 1995 NHL Entry Draft

They do get drafted....as for this year's draft..no idea.

hillbilly

Nov 12, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:

Wade Belak went in the first round, as did Dingman, how sad is that. Probert was a 3rd rounder.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Bob Probert was a steal in the 3rd round.......

I wouldn't be surprised to see the hawks take a tough guy in the late 2nd, or third this year.

The only real enforcer we have in the system is Thornton, and while he is game, he just isn't big enough to be an NHL heavy(IMO).

Now that Tallon and Pulford are back in charge- I'd be shocked if they didn't go after at least one "goon". And I'm all for it.

Georges Laraques pre-accident was worth a 2nd rounder and then some.

-fullmetalninja

5HOLE

May 30, 2002
USA
Nickerson offers much more than just the goon game. While he did set the ECAC record for PIMs with 179, his 14 points are not too shabby either, especially for a freshman dman on a team that struggled to score most the year.

In his last year of juniors, he had 30 points and 277 PIM's. From reports I have heard on him, his offensive game is improving, and he is making smarter decisions as to when to engage in conflict, rather than just going around looking to kill someone. I think that he was a very good pick by Dallas in the 3rd round.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Jacobv2 said:
aren't usually drafted

Here are the top 17 PIM players in the NHL last year.

Sean Avery

Chris Simon
Selected by Philadelphia Flyers round 2 #25 overall 1990 NHL Entry Draft

Krzysztof Oliwa
Selected by New-Jersey Devils round 3 #65 overall 1993 NHL Entry Draft

Jody Shelley

Donald Brashear

Tie Domi
Selected by Toronto Maple Leafs round 2 #27 overall 1988 NHL Entry Draft

Chris Neil
Selected by Ottawa Senators round 6 #161 overall 1998 NHL Entry Draft

Eric Cairns
Selected by New-York Rangers round 3 #72 overall 1992 NHL Entry Draft

Garrett Burnett

Francis Lessard
Selected by Carolina Hurricanes round 3 #80 overall 1997 NHL Entry Draft

Peter Worrell
Selected by Florida Panthers round 7 #166 overall 1995 NHL Entry Draft

Matt Johnson
Drafted by Los Angeles in 1994 (2/33).

Darcy Hordichuk
Drafted by Atlanta in 2000 (6/180).

Matthew Barnaby
Drafted by Buffalo in 1992 (4/83).

Steve Ott
Drafted by Dallas in 2000 (1/25).

Todd Simpson

Andrew Peters
Drafted by Buffalo in 1998 (2/34).

12 Drafted, 5 Free Agents. They are USUALLY drafted.

Hockeycrazed07

Jun 15, 2002
Buena Vista, VA
www.hockeycrazed.com
5HOLE said:
Nickerson offers much more than just the goon game. While he did set the ECAC record for PIMs with 179, his 14 points are not too shabby either, especially for a freshman dman on a team that struggled to score most the year.

In his last year of juniors, he had 30 points and 277 PIM's. From reports I have heard on him, his offensive game is improving, and he is making smarter decisions as to when to engage in conflict, rather than just going around looking to kill someone. I think that he was a very good pick by Dallas in the 3rd round.
I agree whole-heartedly, but nobody said that a goon couldn't do things other than fight.

~Crazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->