Google Music Issue

member 51464

I uploaded a bunch of tracks through Google Music Manager to play through Google Music. The order is important because they are for a language learning program. Each one has the track number in the title, so it is like:

00. Introduction Part 1
01. Introduction Part 2
02. Lesson 1 Section 1
03. Lesson 2 Section 2

et cetera.

There is also a count under the "#" column in how they are sorted in the folder on my desktop. So the introduction has two parts and counts 1 then 2, but this repeats. So the number under the pound sign basically restarts every few tracks from 1-2 up to 1-8. Unsure if that is part of the issue.

When I uploaded, they came on in a bizarre order. When I hit to sort my title, it does not do numbers properly since it goes 1-10 and then track 100 rather than track 11, which does not come until after track 110. I took the time to sort all of these. So I have 208 tracks in the proper order. But for some incredibly ****ing annoying reason, the playlist keeps resetting or syncing itself and deleting out all but the first 5 tracks. This has happened multiple times. It seems there could be many points of failure, but this is making me want to stab myself in the ****ing eye.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Would going through and deleting all the # sign numbers help possibly? I don't know how Google can think they can make a self-driving car but can't train its music program to count in ****ing numerical order. And no freaking idea on the syncing ******** or whatever it is that is causing deletage. I have tried making a new playlist, dragging all 208 tracks from "last added" and resorting, but it doesn't work. I come back to google music the next day, and all the work is gone.

member 51464

PS I am even willing to replace google music entirely if there is something that works easily on windows for my laptop with an app I can use on my phone. This should not be so hard!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->