Goodenow's interview with WFAN's Mike and MadDog...Hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
DownFromNJ said:
Chris Russo has been doing that since before I was born :) Theres a reason he and Mike are the #1 sports-talk show in the country.

Please. They are #1 in NY area. Jim Rome is #1 in the country, not that I am a fan. Those two are local guys who nobody else gives a crap about.

NJD Jester

Nov 14, 2003
DC
www.njdevilsbook.com
Wild GM said:
Please. They are #1 in NY area. Jim Rome is #1 in the country, not that I am a fan. Those two are local guys who nobody else gives a crap about.

Listen, I know Minnesota is the media capital of the world. I mean, the rest of country does revolve around Minny, much like the Earth spins around the sun...

...but you have no idea what you're talking about. WFAN is the standard by which all other sports stations in the country are measured. Mike and the Mad Dog are an institution.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
NJD Jester said:
Listen, I know Minnesota is the media capital of the world. I mean, the rest of country does revolve around Minny, much like the Earth spins around the sun...

...but you have no idea what you're talking about. WFAN is the standard by which all other sports stations in the country are measured. Mike and the Mad Dog are an institution.

I don't live in Minnesota. And I have a degree in broadcasting. They are jokes who are listened to by the Springer crowd.

NJD Jester

Nov 14, 2003
DC
www.njdevilsbook.com
Wild GM said:
I don't live in Minnesota. And I have a degree in broadcasting. They are jokes who are listened to by the Springer crowd.

Again, what are you basing this on? What is "the Springer crowd?" WFAN is one of the few sports stations in the country that actually talks about sports for most of the day. In other words, their weekday shows don't have to dip into "funniest sitcom" or "hottest tennis player" just to get the lines lit up.

I take it you haven't heard the station. It's your loss. Having listened substatially to WFAN, WIP in Philly and WTEM in DC, I can say without a second thought that New York fans are blessed.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Man o man... I know at this point I'm whippin the deadhorse:deadhorse...

But those boys put it to ol' Bobby boy. I think Bob is in denial. He disagrees with the fact that the deal the PA gets later won't be better than it is now. Gimme a break. My man was screamin at the top of his lungs at Bob. :handclap:

Balej20*

Wild GM said:

No not really. You're a little confused here and misinformed, kinda like Goodenow

Balej20*

canucksfan said:
I loved it that he asked tough questions to Goodneow. Goodenow sounded like an idiot. Mike umm it's Chris Bob.

"HEY BOB! BOB!, IT'S CHRIS BOB, IT'S CHRIS, IT'S CHRIS, CHRIS BOB"

Goodenow continues BSing, just ignoring Russo

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Wild GM said:
Honestly, you could not be more wrong and I could care less what kind of degree you got. They are the tops in the business, and I'm not a big fan but I'm not naive enough to cut them down like you just did.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Wild GM said:

Ahh...........Jay......Stew......you......loser..........ahhh..ahhh........i......like......to......pause......(Hearing crumpled paper in the background)............alot...........damn.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
handtrick said:
Just think how humiliating that interview had to be for any player that has listened to it......would kinda be like seeing your Dad get his ass kicked when you were a kid......

:lol :lol :lol

Goodenow was ripped a new one today.

Here is to him getting grinded again for spewing his rhetoric garbage in the first place!

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
Goodenow has got to be kicking himself now.

Not for what he said on that show, but for being on that show. Where's he going next, Howard Stern? Wayne's World? :help:

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Wild GM said:

Awwww, it must be hard to hear your puppetmaster get owned in front of nationwide audience.

Balej20*

shveik said:
Goodenow has got to be kicking himself now.

Not for what he said on that show, but for being on that show. Where's he going next, Howard Stern? Wayne's World? :help:

Mike and the mad dog is a well respected, top notch sports talk show. so im not sure why you are taking shots at the shows creditability.

RR1107

Mar 30, 2004
Heh, just listened to the clip...imo, his answers about the health of the league, and why the PA wouldn't look at the leagues books were VERY weak.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
I don't think one bad interview means Goodenow is stupid.Remember,this is the
guy that outsmarted the league with the "fine print" in the last CBA.Indeed I
don't think this whole process reflects on his level of intelligence.I think it's more
of a reflection of how having this much power has affected him.Unions are good
for getting workers "fair wages and working conditions"-the NHLPA is way way
beyond that.The power has gotten to Bob's head and he's lost perspective.I
think he really really must have thought the owners would cave.He's a bit shocked
and it's showing up in his comments but that doesn't make the man stupid.

dakota

May 18, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
anyone have an mp3 they can post somewhere of the interview... i cant use the real player on computer... it would be nice to hear it and send it around...

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Balej20 said:
Mike and the mad dog is a well respected, top notch sports talk show. so im not sure why you are taking shots at the shows creditability.
They're also the guys that talked about how much they hate hockey. Back in '95 people used to call the show and tell them how "hockey stupid" they were. They then went into anti-hockey tirades and just took a crap on the sport. I've never listened to them from that point on.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Oilhitch said:
LOL

Bob and his cronies have been beating this quote like a drum. We should call him Bob "24% Rollback" Goodenow.

Maybe Bobby G should head Wall-Mart's union where his constant talk of rolling back will fit right in :joker:

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
They are very respective of hockey. Yesterday I don't think they left hockey for more than ten minutes all day.

pacde

Dec 9, 2004
Only valid arguement I heard bob make was about the revenue shareing. This league needs revenue sharing - I do think this is a major part of the NFL success. You can flush the rest of what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad