Goodenow's interview with WFAN's Mike and MadDog...Hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
Yeah, really not liking this guy. First of all if you're going to go on a radio show and talk to the hosts, KNOW THEIR NAMES. How many times did this moron say Mike instead of Chris, even after being corrected? Such an ass.

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
Crows said:
WOW this is good stuff.

Goodnow talks like a child.
Now do any remaining pro-PA people (hello out there, out there, out there) wonder why the league couldn't deal with this . . . fill-in-the-blank?

Why the players continue letting this . . . fill-in-the-blank represent them, I DO NOT KNOW!

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I'm confused, is Goodenow trying to come off as an a-hole in these interviews? You'd think he'd be on damage control trying to get some PR swing in the players direction, but all he does is make things worse with each interview. I think it's a definite indication he is loosing control.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Wish I could hear this. You guys will have to post some of the crap hes spewing.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
To quote Balej20 who went to the trouble of typing out this big summary in the OTHER thread that includes this topic:

Balej20 said:
Ok...the Bob Goodenow interview...

FIrst question was why did the players refuse to look at the numbers... Goodenow responded by saying that they did their own report 2 years ago and they knew the economics. He can assure us of that...

He says that the NHL has NOT lost $200-300 million over the past 2 years...
He keeps talking about their damn roll back.

Where are the revenue streams coming from Bob?....Goodenow says "i didnt say that havent lost money." Ok he dudged that question and ONCE AGAIN brought up
the roll back. He says the economic system in place over the past few years has been fine.

Why did it take so long to agree to a cap?...Goodenow says "I dont think it was late" HAHA. He said the players made all kinds of proposals to the owners. The players bent over backwards to accomidate the owners accoring to Bob. Goodenow keeps dodging the question of why he waited so long to propose a cap offer. He says negotiations have come to a grinding hault now.

Goodenow says linkage is a cap. He disagrees with the NHL needing a cap, because the NFL has beeter revenues...(if that makes any sense)

Goodenow is saying that hockey is a weak structure and you cant build on it, so he is now blasting hokcey as a league.

Goodenow is ripping apart Bettmans revenue sharing plan. HAHAH Goodenow is being sarcastic with Chris Russo, GOODENOW IS A JOKE, RUSSO IS KILLING HIM!!!

Goodenow is crying about poor revenue sharing in the NHL.He says revenue sharing is a NEED for any league.

Chris Russo says Goodenow has miscalculated the resolve of the owners...Goodenow says...that with the rooll back, the league would have been sucesfull this year. HE DOESNT GET IT, THE roll back is a QUICK FIX, NOT A LONG TERM SOLUTION, COME ON!

GOODENOW IS calling Chris Russo MIKE!!! AND CHRIS IS YELLING AT HIM.

I'm sorry, I hate Goodenow, i can barely listen to him, he speaks in riddles and whines the whole time.

Goodenow admits he never looked at the books, but he claims he knows exactly what is going on with the economics of hockey.Chris Russo is now killing Goodenow because the NHL players have been taking the jobs of other guys all around the world. Goodenow says there is ntohing wrong with that.

What about your solidarity of your union Bob? Goodenow says....the level of communication is extrodinary, rich, deep and daily. It has never been an issue for us. Everyone is united here. But THEN he says that "in negotitating, you do not communicate every little chaneg to everyone"

What about the players who went to Ed Snider...? Goodenow dodged it by saying :"what about the owners talking to the players"

All I have to say folks, is Bobby Goodenow just got reamed hard and he lost a lot of creditability here. Good luck Bobby Goodenow in getting any kind of good deal down the road...you are lost my friend.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Goodenow denying any breaks in the union reminds me of that one Iraqi leader denying the fact that the US was attacking them, as of course, the attacks were actually happening at the same time. Unreal...

I am speechless... I am without speech.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
Goodenow denying any breaks in the union reminds me of that one Iraqi leader denying the US was even attacking them. Unreal...

Haha! Whatever happened to that guy?

Mountain Dude

The NHL should just say, "We will crush the union, unless Goodenow is fired today, and is killed. There will never be any hockey played again in North America, unless Bob Goodenow is dead by the end of the week".

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
RangerBoy said:
I heard it in my car.I had to pull over because it was too funny.If you didn't hate Goodenow by now,just listen to this interview and you will detest Goodenow :madfire:
Cant chew gum and walk at the same time? :lol:

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Cant chew gum and walk at the same time? :lol:

Chewing gum is one thing

Chewing ******** is an entire different scenerio.

I just listed to this interview, and i cant help but to feel dirty after listening to it. Goodenow has resorted to attempt to take shots at the host because he is getting THRASHED on EVERY TOPIC.

Balej20*

RangerBoy said:
I didn't know you had that problem because I don't :)

Chris Russo kept saying his name is Chris but Goofenow kept calling him Mike

It almost sounded like Bob was doing it on purpose. Bob does little baby things like that. "OHH You made me mad, now im gonna call you by the wrong name, so HA!"

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Balej20 said:
It almost sounded like Bob was doing it on purpose. Bob does little baby things like that. "OHH You made me mad, now im gonna call you by the wrong name, so HA!"

Russo should have started calling Goofenow TED as in Ted Saskin

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
Balej20 said:

i thought the same thing.... and it just bakced up my belief the guy has little or no respect for anybody who doesnt believe everything he says.

Its why when ever hes pushed with a hard question, he folds like a cheep tent and responds with foolish comments, and attempts to stear the question in another direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad