Goodenow Leaves New York, No Deal - per TSN, 590

Status
Not open for further replies.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
ill add my own song lyrics

die, die, die my darling don't utter a single word die, die, die my darling just shut your pretty mouth i'll be seeing you again i'll be seeing you in hell don't cry to me oh baby your future's in an oblong box, yeah don't cry to me oh baby should have seen it a-coming on don't cry to me oh baby i don't know it was in your power

two out of three*

I originally thought Goodenow was fired when he came out storming..

Maybe he was, and the NHLPA is NOT on their way back to Toronto.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
I want to hear Bettmans statement.

And yes the players should be able to vote regarding the last NHL Proposal. Since when an impasse is declared they'll have to decide to accept this offer or strike.

KOVALEV10*

Man I hate those ****in greedy players. You're making millions and millions a year playing a freaking game you love while most fans wont even make the ammount of money they are making each year in our whole lifetime! :shakehead

JRgavemeaNTC

Jan 6, 2005
Raleigh
From 590.com

Sources are telling Sportsnet the meetings ended abruptly in New York, again citing 'philosophical differences'. Sources added although the lines of communication were left open, the next step will likely be an official announcement from Gary Bettman.

(CP) -- Sudden-death NHL labour talks ended Friday and early word is that they ended badly.

Full Details

Jester

Jul 9, 2004
St. Andrews
the price is wrong bob!

congratulations to morons one and all.

owners... for being morons and not at least considering a luxury tax proposal... it would have worked quite well if you'd been smart enough to negotiate it into a punitive one.

to the nhlpa.

bob,

you've done a great great disservice to the men you supposedly represent the best interests of. you represent a group of men who have spent their entire lives training to play hockey. this is all they have to do. furthermore you represent a group that has a very short period of time to earn a living at this chosen career path, you've just forfeited over a tenth of most of their time in the most selective hockey league in the world because you were so tactically stupid as to not accept the concept of a salary cap and work it to your advantage as much as possible.

you rant and rave about a system that would pay the group you represent an amount of money that is grossly out of proportion with what the average person in the most wealthy nation in the world makes. even under the "harshest" aspects of the offers you recieved your members were guaranteed of making millions of dollars over the course of their careers prior to the age of 30.

good job bob. they lost one full year of that, and in all liklihood another half of it next year.

thanks.

---

both of them should be immediately fired following the cancellation of the season. bring in two new people and give them 2/3 months to familiarize themselves with the situation. part of accepting these gigs they both have to agree that arbitrators will be brought in on aug. 15th if no agreement has been reached and they will accept the arbitrators ruling.

**** you bob.
**** you gary.
**** you players.
**** you owners.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
In keeping with the song theme, I looked up the lyrics for "Mother" by Danzig and let's just say substituting Goodenow for "Mother" and Bettman for "Father" in that song seemed a little more threatening than I was comfortable posting here...

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
TiesRLikeWins4Us said:
I originally thought Goodenow was fired when he came out storming..

Maybe he was, and the NHLPA is NOT on their way back to Toronto.
This is what NEEDS to happen.
Fire his A, take the last proposal, present it to the NHLPA, and let THEM decide.

Crows*

Really Interesting thing on the score.

EJ Hrdek or w/e his name is. Was saying that he finds it really odd because of where they met. CITI group building. He says there are mostly lawyer offices in that building and basically no "meeting rooms" he says that he feels there could have been some sort of third legal party there today.

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
Jester said:
the price is wrong bob!

congratulations to morons one and all.

owners... for being morons and not at least considering a luxury tax proposal... it would have worked quite well if you'd been smart enough to negotiate it into a punitive one.

to the nhlpa.

bob,

you've done a great great disservice to the men you supposedly represent the best interests of. you represent a group of men who have spent their entire lives training to play hockey. this is all they have to do. furthermore you represent a group that has a very short period of time to earn a living at this chosen career path, you've just forfeited over a tenth of most of their time in the most selective hockey league in the world because you were so tactically stupid as to not accept the concept of a salary cap and work it to your advantage as much as possible.

you rant and rave about a system that would pay the group you represent an amount of money that is grossly out of proportion with what the average person in the most wealthy nation in the world makes. even under the "harshest" aspects of the offers you recieved your members were guaranteed of making millions of dollars over the course of their careers prior to the age of 30.

good job bob. they lost one full year of that, and in all liklihood another half of it next year.

thanks.

---

both of them should be immediately fired following the cancellation of the season. bring in two new people and give them 2/3 months to familiarize themselves with the situation. part of accepting these gigs they both have to agree that arbitrators will be brought in on aug. 15th if no agreement has been reached and they will accept the arbitrators ruling.

**** you bob.
**** you gary.
**** you players.
**** you owners.

If Goodenow's reputation isn't in total tatters after his awful job in these negotiations, then the people who make and decide reputations don't know what the bleep they're talking about.

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
Crows said:
Really Interesting thing on the score.

EJ Hrdek or w/e his name is. Was saying that he finds it really odd because of where they met. CITI group building. He says there are mostly lawyer offices in that building and basically no "meeting rooms" he says that he feels there could have been some sort of third legal party there today.

If there were third party lawyers they were probably taking detailed notes of the proceedings for use in any court case that may come up if an impasse is declared.

A Good Flying Bird*

Greschner4 said:
If Goodenow's reputation isn't in total tatters after his awful job in these negotiations, then the people who make and decide reputations don't know what the bleep they're talking about.

Well, the reputation makers have pegged Bettman:

2nd worst commissioner in all of sports.
Ranks in Forbes worst CEOs list.

Crows*

OK people The score is just showing the video of goodnow. He was pissed.. he was telling the reporters to "GET BACK.. JUST STEP BACK"

COMMENT:

HE WAS THE ONLY man out of the building.

This is really weird folks. He's the only one to make a comment at all. I have a feeling something weird is up.

rekrul

Mar 7, 2003
bittersville,ca
Visit site
I don't blame some for grasping at the last strands of hope, but just like a few silly blogs its bpretty easy to see where this was headed, its just a little to unbelivable. But not only did the latest treament not work but this very sick patient took a turn for the worse...

the NHL could realy die, its a possiblity

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
Newsguyone said:
Well, the reputation makers have pegged Bettman:

2nd worst commissioner in all of sports.
Ranks in Forbes worst CEOs list.

Bettman's awful ... what does that have to do with Goodenow?

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
I had remained optimistic through this whole thing. I read all the 50 page long meeting threads, hoping to find some hope for a new season. Now that this has happened, it seems like a waste of my time. Hoping for nothing, and it's really a bad feeling. I was hoping something would come out of today, and now there's nothing left. I don't think there's anything more I can say. :shakehead :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad