Goodenow and his thugs once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
:lol

Ummm, that was my evil twin last night who made those comments . . . . evil Modono. Let me . . . ummm . . .clairfy . . . those things Evil Mike said.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

:lol :lol

Do these guys not realize how stupid they look when they do this???

Damn that's funny....

Hockey_Nut99

Beauty said:
Who has "retracted" their comments thus far?

Steve Thomas
John Madden
Mike Modano

There is a bunch of guys that were "misinformed" before the PA had their meeting earlier. That's no problem though. The PA calrified everything for them when they went to the meeting. No wonder the PA will never take a secret vote.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
You know what funny...how you guys believe everything the media throws at you. Whats not to say that these pro-owner sites are always throwing the players words around and twisting them. Do you see video footage of the player saying these direct comments? So once again a player has to clarify what he is saying because TSN has thrown it out of context. Good work

silver_made*

Beauty said:
Who has "retracted" their comments thus far?

Steve Thomas
John Madden
Mike Modano
Juraj Kolnik
Pierre Dageneis

I know there's been more...

Rob 'The PA is witholding my dough' Ray

Hockey_Nut99

FLYLine4LIFE said:
You know what funny...how you guys believe everything the media throws at you. Whats not to say that these pro-owner sites are always throwing the players words around and twisting them. Do you see video footage of the player saying these direct comments? So once again a player has to clarify what he is saying because TSN has thrown it out of context. Good work

You make a good point but common dude. Sometimes a quote is a quote. How is it hard to misinterpret that Modano quote? No matter what question was asked, his quote says it all. It shows cracks.

How about Ference and Commodore before? Those were on TV.

You didn't drink any of that Kool-aid yourself did you? :lol:

habfan4

Jul 16, 2002
Deus Amat Pretzel
Visit site
FLYLine4LIFE said:

You might want to take a step back - TSN is posting/broadcasting Modano's new comments which are supposedly meant to clairify comments he made to the National Post on Wednesday

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
FLYLine4LIFE said:
You have obviously not paid much attention to the whole thing.

One of the quotes from John Madden. "Well, if there has to be a cap, let there be a cap...you know?"

And then he says he was taken out of context. It is absolute garbage, and they way you support them, you would think you were a PA shill. The owners are downright Pejorative Slured, but I still think we need cost certainty. Why don't you just come to the realization that when a player says anything that the PA doesn't like, he gets crapped on by someone of authority and then retracts.

silver_made*

FLYLine4LIFE said:

what about you, tough guy? what proof do you have that they did not make these anti-pa comments? of course you won't see them say this on camera, and why? b/c you can't retract what the mic captures, genius. every notice how these players don't deny their comments but simply say they are taken out of context; translation: 'Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, ya got me'

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
habfan4 said:
You might want to take a step back - TSN is posting/broadcasting Modano's new comments which are supposedly meant to clairify comments he made to the National Post on Wednesday

But who interrupted those quotes from the Nation Post...TSN.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
silver_made said:
what about you, tough guy? what proof do you have that they did not make these anti-pa comments? of course you won't see them say this on camera, and why? b/c you can't retract what the mic captures, genius. every notice how these players don't deny their comments but simply say they are taken out of context; translation: 'Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, ya got me'

I dont have any proof. But you people belive everything you hear from the media...and from a biased media source let me remind you.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
The NHLPA Politburo can rearrange their deck chairs all they want, it still doesn't change the fact they're still on the Titanic.

These comical retractions mean nothing...the cracks are forming, and the owners know it.

What is your exit strategy, Mr. Goodenow?

habfan4

Jul 16, 2002
Deus Amat Pretzel
Visit site
FLYLine4LIFE said:

The quotes were taken directly and verbatim from the NP article. If you want to sling mud at a media outlet for "misquoting" Modano the National Post should be your target. Actually I don't care either way - Carry on.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
"I think it was a little misconstrued and misquoted," he told TSN on Wednesday. "I think that whole clip was a little turned around, I talked to the fellow for a while last night, there were some things said that led to that result of 'us cracking...

Well, we all know what happens when you talk to someone for a while. You eventually get off your soap box, step away from the rhetoric and start speaking the truth. Many players just want to play hockey. That’s not a huge leap of faith.

FLYLine4LIFE said:
Did you actually read the articles?

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
slats432 said:

One of the quotes from John Madden. "Well, if there has to be a cap, let there be a cap...you know?"

And then he says he was taken out of context. It is absolute garbage, and they way you support them, you would think you were a PA shill. The owners are downright Pejorative Slured, but I still think we need cost certainty. Why don't you just come to the realization that when a player says anything that the PA doesn't like, he gets crapped on by someone of authority and then retracts.

Agreed that it's all bogus .... but I love players like John Madden that are all for a cap just AFTER they sign a long term contract, for very good money.

MacDaddy TLC*

This is some behind the scenes looks at how the NHLPA deal with dissenting opinions:

Wetcoaster

slats432 said:

Madden flat out denied ever saying that to the reporter. He stated it was made up.

The reporter claimed to Stan Fischler that he had Madden on tape saying this but when challenged to produce the tape the reporter was unable to do so.

I guess this is worse than being fined $1 million if you say something Bettman does not like about the CBA negotiations. :lol

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
John Flyers Fan said:
Agreed that it's all bogus .... but I love players like John Madden that are all for a cap just AFTER they sign a long term contract, for very good money.
And John, like I have been commenting lately, I am closer to center than before because the NHL took a very good NHLPA starting point and wiped their ass with it.

But I don't understand how anyone can try to defend the Pejorative Slured gestapo NHLPA antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->