Good wrestling documentaries

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I agree completely about Wrestling with Shadows and Beyond the Mat, especially if you were a fan during the 90s. If you are looking at WWE produced features, then generally you can just pick whatever one pertains to your specific interest.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
If it counts, Wrestling Isn't Wrestling is about as good as anything since Roland Barthes in showing why people put up with some of the absurd aspects of wrestling.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Man that Hogan one is a rough watch. Never saw that before. I just cannot believe how many of these guys have the same ole story. It's unreal.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Wrestling with shadows still ranks as the king of wrestling documentaries for me.

Beyond the Mat because the Jake the Snake stuff was absolutely jarring and heart breaking, and I believe they went to that wrestling school that just seemed like a massive rip off.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Man that Hogan one is a rough watch. Never saw that before. I just cannot believe how many of these guys have the same ole story. It's unreal.

At the same time, I'm always skeptical of anything that Hogan does because he's the ultimate self promoter and politician.

How many careers did this guy just absolutely crush to stay on top. There was never any give and take with Hogan at all, and because of that he's almost like the Ty Cobb of Wrestling in that most people don't have good things to say about him.

He had a huge hand in the death of WCW and he certainly didn't help TNA at all.

I remember near the end of WCW when they were going to start promoting younger wrestlers and Hogan did his best to make them look like absolute garbage, sure he may have lost a match here and there to Billy Kidman, but he buried him for no other reason but his ego.

I mean even in that documentary, he frames it so his exwife was some monster and he wasn't getting enough love.

Its hard to watch from the Standpoint that he's lost so much money at that point and he needed to come to TNA and make some cash. But I have trouble with a guy that so casually says, I was making 2 million a year and spending 7 and I didn't see the trouble coming until it hit me.

There a certain frame of mind that I think you have to have when you listen to anything that Hogan has to say. That frame of mind includes the Frame, Its Hogan, and its all bull%%%%.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Since the show is airing on netflix, I'd recommend GLOW: The Story Behind the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling. The documentary explores the stories behind the real GLOW gals from back in the day and their experience. Even if you didn't like GLOW back then its still an exellent wrestling documentary.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Since the show is airing on netflix, I'd recommend GLOW: The Story Behind the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling. The documentary explores the stories behind the real GLOW gals from back in the day and their experience. Even if you didn't like GLOW back then its still an exellent wrestling documentary.

Absolutely. Lipstick and Dynamite would be another for an earlier era.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The funny thing about the Rush no sell is that they clearly did it to troll people and get attention and they got exactly what they got.

Dont Hinder Jinder

Friend of Rick Bognar
Oct 14, 2011
Watched Viva Mexico on Netflix last night, anyone else see this documentary? Was really cool to see the different promotions and lifestyle of Mexican wrestling

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->