Post-Game Talk: Good team so obviously Leafs dominate

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Sabres fan here...

Just want to say- I was looking down on y'all for a bit, but it's obvious you have a really good team. Just need the goaltending to hold the fort down, and you'll make noise. You're getting hot at the right time.
If Buffalo can learn to play against other teams the way they do against the Leafs they're going to have a much improved team next year. I like some of their young players i.e. Thompson, Power, Dahlin

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
You mean when Wilson jumped from outside position to inside position and made zero attempt to avoid contact with Campbell ?

The TSN panel discussed it pretty well during the intermission,

Jack Campbell actually leaned into the path of Wilson, who as you say jumped inside Muzzin (which is allowed), but both Wilson and Muzzin would have gone wide of Leafs net.

My point being however had something happened to Campbell the Leafs season would essentially be over if he gets hurt and that was a scary play with contact to the head and his mask coming off. Campbell was partially at fault for putting himself into oncoming traffic and risk on that play, Wilson's reputation clouds the situation further, but not sure there was much different he could have done there or any other player in that spot. IMO

Look where Campbell ends up and its nowhere near his crease at completion, He has to play it a little more safer knowing Leafs hope rest on his shoulders and getting hurt in the last few games of the season would be a disaster.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Caps fans seem to be done with Samsonov. If the team feels the same way, he'd make a good buy low candidate.
My fantasy team was done with samsonov half way into the season lol picked up Elvis off waivers and gaver pretty well.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
See how well the team plays when Spezza and Holl sit?

Take notes and pay attention Keefe.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
This was the team I was expecting to see sometime this season, we had glimpses of it against Colorada, against Boston, Tampa, Carolina and yes even against the Panthers, but nothing like sustaining it for almost 55 minutes like last night.

They came out of the gate like a house on fire and immediately let Washington know it wasn't going to be the usual night against a pretty skilled but lightweight opponent.

For all except for 5 or so minutes the Leafs were relentless, employing their forecheck with a lot of weight. Eventually the Washington defenders weren't so quick getting to pucks and that made for easy possession for the Bud's, when they did have a puck battle the Leafs forechecker usually came out on top.

If they can keep this kind of game up, there's no reason they play a 7 game 1st round series, more like a 5 game 6 at most. After that anything is possible.

1st Star John Tavares
2nd Star Pierre Engvall
3rd Star William Nylander

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Non-big 4 depth scoring since January 1st, 2022:

PlayerGamesGoalsAssistsPoints
Michael Bunting44152540
Pierre Envgall4091120
Ilya Mikheyev4417926
Alex Kerfoot4492433

Big 4 scoring since January 1st, 2022:

Auston Matthews42383068
Mitch Marner41254570
John Tavares44132740
William Nylander43172340

Since the new year we have 2 guys on a tear that is unprecedented for this franchise, 3 70-point pace players, 1 60-point pace player and 2 guys on 40 point paces. Not bad, though we'd obviously like JT to get going here a bit. The 4th line leaves a lot to be desired. Will need a revamp in the offseason imo

The importance of the consistency of Engvall/Mikheyev since the new year cannot be understated. They have provided secondary scoring while pitching in with their defence/puck possession game. Really looks like those 2 have figured it out

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
I loved that fourth line. Banging and crashing with Blackwell being the solid defense aware centre. And leave Soup with JT. The kid is flying

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Non-big 4 depth scoring since January 1st, 2022:

Michael Bunting44152540
Pierre Envgall4091120
Ilya Mikheyev4417926
Alex Kerfoot4492433

Big 4 scoring since January 1st, 2022:

Auston Matthews42383068
Mitch Marner41254570
John Tavares44132740
William Nylander43172340

Since the new year we have 2 guys on a tear that is unprecedented for this franchise, 3 70-point pace players, 1 60-point pace player and 2 guys on 40 point paces. Not bad, though we'd obviously like JT to get going here a bit. The 4th line leaves a lot to be desired. Will need a revamp in the offseason imo

The importance of the consistency of Engvall/Mikheyev since the new year cannot be understated. They have provided secondary scoring while pitching in with their defence/puck possession game. Really looks like those 2 have figured it out

oh boy do I miss that "Games Since Goal Scored by Non Core-4 Players Tracker" they invented earlier this year.

Reactions: leafsfan5

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
WOW WOW WOW what an amazing game by da boys .. that was an all round beat down of a solid playoff team .. big big big congrats to Keefer, Engval and Brodie .. i can't believe i said it and took me 2 days to process it but Engval was a beast OMG wow best guy on ice .. i did not know he had it in him .. i still can't believe what I saw .. and Brodie carried Muzzy .. still can't believe that one either .. hard for me to process but Muzzy was worst of 6 dmen .. got say da truth here .. better get conditioning more Muzzy and I mean fast buddy .. no way Lub or Lily come out man no way they are playoff guys man .. i am gonna be piSSed if Lily or Lub sits game 1 of playoffs .. Lub is best partner for Rielly BAR NONE .. and Lily makes Gio better BAR NONE .. defense requires SYMPATICO bottom line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad