Post-Game Talk: Good second half effort but Jets lose 3-1

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
Really happy it was a Jet that spotted the Concussion like goaltending and not the League. Does make me wonder how Hutch was cleared to play as he was clearly not ready.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
what goes around, comes around. Hope the boys in the pressbox took notes and numbers ......

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Really happy it was a Jet that spotted the Concussion like goaltending and not the League. Does make me wonder how Hutch was cleared to play as he was clearly not ready.
By passing established league concussion protocols. After that it is unknown how likely he is to suffer another concussion.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
We need to get some healthy bodies back in the line up because it won’t be long before Buff and Wheeler are broken too.

Pessimism rising......risiiiiiiinnnnnnng! :help:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So just so we're clear, instead of the much talked about "fact" that Hutch screamed "**** off" at Maurice for getting pulled/pulling himself, instead he was really upset to be leaving the game cause the concussion spotter forced him out. So yeah the "terrible attitude" crap was unfounded and just based on people's biases rather than in reality.

I wouldn't have even cared if he screamed it at Maurice. I would be pissed in that situation as well. Its understandable that he lost his Cool, I bet it happens more often then we think.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Maurice has to be happy with how they responded. When healthy they are going to be a ***** to play against in the playoffs. They have all the elements.

That's the question though - are they actually going to get healthy for the playoffs? More and more players are getting injured. I have to admit that I'm getting a little concerned that although they may make the playoffs based on their current record, they may just have too many injuries to make any kind of impact in the playoffs.

:jets

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
That's the question though - are they actually going to get healthy for the playoffs? More and more players are getting injured. I have to admit that I'm getting a little concerned that although they may make the playoffs based on their current record, they may just have too many injuries to make any kind of impact in the playoffs.

:jets

We have 12 games left - plenty of time to get some players back.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Let me get this straight. Buff has been to slow to move the puck on the PP, but you love Myers.

Is that what I read?

I admit that lately Myers has been struggling in general and being slower than he used to be in decision making but I claim that Myers vs. Buff is the most significant reason why PP2 often works works fairly well even when having inferior shooters and players to PP1. That was particularly true couple of months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ippenator

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
We have 12 games left - plenty of time to get some players back.

...and for more to get hurt.

Sorry. Just starting to feel like the hockey gods are not on our side here. We need some good things to start happening soon...

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
By passing established league concussion protocols. After that it is unknown how likely he is to suffer another concussion.

Makes sense.....but how easy is the 2nd 3rd concussion. My experience was no blow was needed to Reactivate the symptoms just stress/anxiety. I think he brought himself back early and reacted poorly to his disappointment .

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Makes sense.....but how easy is the 2nd 3rd concussion. My experience was no blow was needed to Reactivate the symptoms just stress/anxiety. I think he brought himself back early and reacted poorly to his disappointment .

That’s not how a concussion works. A concussion happens when your brain hits the inside of your skull.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
This time there is no problem with your reading comprehension.

I admit that lately Myers has been struggling in general and being slower than he used to be in decision making but I claim that Myers vs. Buff is the most significant reason why PP2 often works works fairly well even when having inferior shooters and players to PP1. That was particularly true couple of months ago.
Disagree entirely. Buff operates at the point just fine, he works really well with Wheeler and garners attention, which helps others. He gets a lot of flack for not passing Laine the puck more, even when it's clear the opportunity isn't right.

The Jets have the #2 PP in the league, largely due to Laine and Wheeler, however Buff has also been part of it all year. I really don't see Myers making it better.

Reactions: Jets 31 and SUX2BU

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
...and for more to get hurt.

Sorry. Just starting to feel like the hockey gods are not on our side here. We need some good things to start happening soon...
giphy.gif

Sorry - just can't get myself all worked up about things no one has control over. I always hope for the best, and spend 5 minutes getting over the worst if it happens. Makes me a much happier person that way. :nod:

I get the feeling that we'll see a lot of "we're holding player X out for precautionary reasons" as we get closer to actually clinching.

Reactions: kanadalainen

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I would bet that a good portion of the guys out of the line up would be playing if we really needed them to. Given our place in the standings the org is likely being extra cautious.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
That's how a concussion starts......the after effects are as varied as the symptoms. My understanding is you dont need to hit your head every morning to feel poorly for a while.

The protocol is supposed to take all of that into account. In order to be cleared you need to be symptom free for x amount of time. Granted a lot of this is dependent on the player being honest with the trainers.

Perhaps that brain flood flow imaging technology i read about not too long ago will help diagnosing and monitoring brain injuries easier if it becomes mainstream.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Hopefully Preds run into Anaheim in the 1st round and get knocked the **** out.

If Perry and Kessler are playing 'their game', the Preds lineup after round 1 vs Ducks might look like the Jets current lineup....

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
If Perry and Kessler are playing 'their game', the Preds lineup after round 1 vs Ducks might look like the Jets current lineup....

Yep. Whichever team comes out of that series (if that ends up being the matchup) will probably be banged up real gud. Both teams are take a few ... liberties.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
That's a scary team over there, make no mistake they will be coming out of round 1 whoever they play, maybe a little banged up if they play ANA. But **** after reading there GDT, i'm seeing a lot of b***ing about posts I havn't even seen mentioned here. TOR just moved down to enemy #2 in my books.

Last edited by a moderator:

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Disagree entirely. Buff operates at the point just fine, he works really well with Wheeler and garners attention, which helps others. He gets a lot of flack for not passing Laine the puck more, even when it's clear the opportunity isn't right.

The Jets have the #2 PP in the league, largely due to Laine and Wheeler, however Buff has also been part of it all year. I really don't see Myers making it better.

You can do that if you like.

However, Tyler Myers has 16 PPPs which is just 1 point less than Byfuglien has, while playing with guys that are much inferior to Wheeler and Laine (and Scheifele, but he has been injured quite often).

Perreault and Ehlers, other PP2 regulars have 12 PPPs, Little 11 and Connor 9 (most of them PP1 I guess).

Moreover, Byfuglien has played a lot more PP this season when compared to Myers, and while he gets a lot of 2nd assists by just keeping the puck and then finally giving it back to Wheeler, Myers has whopping 4.95 PP P1/60 while Byfuglien has quite low (10th for the Jets and not even close to others) PP P1/60 of just 1.67.

(Wheeler 8.15, Laine 6.03, Myers 4.95, Ehlers 3.81, Scheifele 3.80, ...)

Myers' stats are just outstanding for PP2, while Byfuglien has below average stats for a PP1 player, while being a lot with the puck.

Again real stats do support my view that Myers is better for PP than Byfuglien.

Edit:

5-on-4:
Myers 144.67 TOI, 3+9+3=15
Byfuglien 171.68 TOI, 1+3+8=12

Better stats with much inferior PP group.

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
That's a scary team over there, make no mistake they will be coming out of round 1 whoever they play, maybe a little banged up if they play ANA. But **** after reading there GDT, i'm seeing a lot of b***ing about posts I havn't even seen mentioned here. TOR just moved down to enemy #2 in my books, really like their team, but some of those NSH fans can **** off.

There was a lot of trolling by Jets fans happening in their GDT - those posts are gone. It's likely that those are the posts they're responding to. If someone is breaking site rules on any subforum, report the posts and let mods deal with it.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
There was a lot of trolling by Jets fans happening in their GDT - those posts are gone. It's likely that those are the posts they're responding to. If someone is breaking site rules on any subforum, report the posts and let mods deal with it.

From what I saw there it's the typical HF attitude of "one guy said it somewhere so their whole fanbase believes it". We do it here too. We take up a page or two about how fans of team X think Buff's dirty, and I go over to read it and it's one guy.

The main one that Nashville fans are quoting is from a reply on their thread by a Jets fan, not from this one. If it's deleted now, it wasn't last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad