Post-Game Talk: Good second half effort but Jets lose 3-1

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Every season Jets are suffering from a lot of injuries. After games like today I'm starting to wonder what if you couldn't do everything you want playing Jets? You couldn't get away with so many slashing without been called, hooking, interferences, boarding, like you know slashing our goalie in head with a stick or running him over. You think Jets would have a better chance to stay healthy? I think they would

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Every season Jets are suffering from a lot of injuries. After games like today I'm starting to wonder what if you couldn't do everything you want playing Jets? You couldn't get away with so many slashing without been called, hooking, interferences, boarding, like you know slashing our goalie in head with a stick or running him over. You think Jets would have a better chance to stay healthy? I think they would
Were any of the current injuries even a result of something illegal? Shit happens.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Yeah....lets not get too cocky
Remember the preds were in the same spot last year losing a lot of starters and went to game 6 of the finals. They have a little playoff experience advantage over this jets team. If they meet 2nd round even will all starters will be tough series. But good on the jets for not rolling over after b2b shorties

Don’t recall them missing 6 starters. Let’s not make their injuries in the final the equivalent of what’s happened to the Jets at the moment. Jets are missing practically one third of their actual roster.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Well that junk was cleaned up pretty quickly, I'm guessing they think they are going to steam roller us if we meet, the only thing I saw was that they have been practicing chopping wood.

Well I hope to god if we play them we can put more of our actual roster on the ice. If this is our lineup I don't like our chances. But add Scheifele Stastny Lowry Trouba Enstrom Kulikov and I'll put my money on us.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Ok mods, I know you lurking out there. Just merge this thread! I can handle it! Don't let my first thread end up like this!
giphy.gif

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Little and Machoo getting frustrated. Not converting their chances.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Plenty of time to get our guys back for the playoffs. We’re firmly in second place. It’s all good.

Anyways, that first period was a bit crazy. The arena was loud and props to the Preds for almost running us out of the building. Props to the Jets for giving some fight.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I'm starting to wonder if Kulikov might be done for the season. Doesn't sound good to get re-evaluate by another doctor. Sounds like back issue.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I'm starting to wonder if Kulikov might be done for the season. Doesn't sound good to get re-evaluate by another doctor. Sounds like back issue.

I believe Maurice said that it was "nothing major" in his initial update. The curse of "day-to-day" strikes again if this happens.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
All we have to do is rest our players for PO. I can't see we catching Nashville I can't see we losing home advantage too. Looks like Minnesota has as many injuries as we're, so they will lose more games than we will, if they going to make play-offs at all. We have 10 points on Colorado and Dallas. Stars have tough schedule play TML tomorrow, Ottawa, us and Caps all on road. Finishing the season with California trip. Colorado is the only team who could catch us if we suck big time. If I had to predict it's gonna be Jets- Avs in first round

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I believe Maurice said that it was "nothing major" in his initial update. The curse of "day-to-day" strikes again if this happens.

And it's entirely possible that our two big UFA signings are not around for the playoffs.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
All we have to do is rest our players for PO. I can't see we catching Nashville I can't see we losing home advantage too. Looks like Minnesota has as many injuries as we're, so they will lose more games than we will, if they going to make play-offs at all. We have 10 points on Colorado and Dallas. Stars have tough schedule play TML tomorrow, Ottawa, us and Caps all on road. Finishing the season with California trip. Colorado is the only team who could catch us if we suck big time. If I had to predict it's gonna be Jets- Avs in first round

We're pretty much locked into second in the central. Colorado could still catch Minny though. They moved into first wild card spot tonight.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah, there's pretty much nowhere to go. We need to rest up and heal up, that's a far greater priority more than anything right now.

How I'd love to hear an update beyond "day to day"..

Reactions: Afterburner

kaptaink

Apr 26, 2017
Don’t recall them missing 6 starters. Let’s not make their injuries in the final the equivalent of what’s happened to the Jets at the moment. Jets are missing practically one third of their actual roster.

Well let's look...
Neal broken hand not healthy
Fisher concussion
Fiala broken leg
Smith ankle sprain
Wilson hamstring
Johansson weird compartnent syndrome thing
Ellis ok played but had surgery after season where he missed half this season so he was not healthy

Sounds like 6 starters minimum.....
My point was every team has to deal with it. No excuses and stay level headed. Getting cocky only leads to disappointment

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Well let's look...
Fisher concussion
Fiala broken leg
Smith ankle sprain
Wilson hamstring
Ellis ok played but had surgery after season where he missed half this season so he was not healthy

My point was every team has to deal with it. No excuses and stay level headed. Getting cocky only leads to disappointment

An explanation is not automatically an excuse, and thinking that every game is winnable through sheer force of will alone only leads to disappointment.

Reactions: DharmaBum

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Took a bit of effort to not post in their GDT. How nice of them to say that we think we'll sweep Nashville in the playoffs. Only the most homer of fans would think that. I personally want no part of Nashville in the first round because I hate playing that team. They almost always have the Jets number. I can't think of a team I want to face even less than the Preds, except the Ducks. The two of them can meet up and beat up each other in the 1st round.

kaptaink

Apr 26, 2017
Hey just read jarnkrok left in a sling.
Wonder if copp is going to get a hearing

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Well let's look...
Fisher concussion
Fiala broken leg
Smith ankle sprain
Wilson hamstring

For the record, where was I “cocky”? I wasn’t. In fact I am probably the most pessimistic fan there is.

I know they’ll NEVER beat Nashville in a series. They’d be lucky to win one game.

Nowhere did I say the Jets would run the tables on Nashville if they were healthy. Just stating that having those 6 regulars out makes it a slam dunk for Nashville.

And 4 of those 6 actually played so technically not missing from their roster. Wish we had four of our guys back.

Last edited:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
If there was ever any doubt that Helle is our MVP, I dony think there is any longer.
He was amazing again. He keeps us in games and gives us a chance to win almost every game.

Reactions: Robinson2187

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->