Proposal: Good ole Canadian 3 way Leafs-Oilers-Canucks

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You're a broken record.

Any team that wants him will have to pay for him...You think any team would pay for Karlsson or Price even if they could use a good RHD or goalie? Hell no. Cap space is a very real thing and Mzarek is not worth that deal. He could be had for free- especially considering the Leafs goaltending situation.
The Leafs goaltending situation is no different than it was when the year started.
They didn't sign Mzarek only to move him 20 games in.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Yes, that is factual. If a team wants him they will have to pay for him. Obviously, it teams wanted those players they would pay for them. Clearly, Mzarek would be easier to move because his Cap hit is so much lower than the others, but teams can retain. The Leafs goaltending situation is a Campbell - Mzarek tandem. Campbell has been hot while Mzarek has been injured ( he practiced yesterday) It is only 25 or so games into the season, so it is impossible to tell whether he will be worth his deal at this point. Admittedly, he hasn't given us anything yet.
You're clearly incapable of considering how closely GMs watch the cap and value cap space.

No team is going to send whatever assets you're asking for Mzarek. Are they going to send down Woll after how he's played? If not then it'd be Mzarek being sent down and guess what, he could be had FOR FREE. Just like I've been saying

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
The Leafs goaltending situation is no different than it was when the year started.
They didn't sign Mzarek only to move him 20 games in.
Maybe they should. Dubas didn't know Campbell would play like this and Woll would look like a capable backup.

When you're as cap strapped as the leafs are, there are better ways to spend nearly 4 million than a often injured backup

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
You're clearly incapable of considering how closely GMs watch the cap and value cap space.

No team is going to send whatever assets you're asking for Mzarek. Are they going to send down Woll after how he's played? If not then it'd be Mzarek being sent down and guess what, he could be had FOR FREE. Just like I've been saying
No, you are wrong about that. Mzarek will be sent down for conditioning. He will be back up afterwards. I doubt the Leafs will carry 3 goalies so Will will likely go down. It is possible that there could be a trade, but it won't be for free. The " free way to get Mzarek is if the team agrees with you - that Woll is the real deal and Mzarek goes on waivers or something. What is most likely is that Woll continues to develop with the Marlies.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Maybe they should. Dubas didn't know Campbell would play like this and Woll would look like a capable backup.

When you're as cap strapped as the leafs are, there are better ways to spend nearly 4 million than a often injured backup
I don't like Mrazek, I'm just looking at it as the team would.
Mrazek is insurance for now if Campbell gets hurt or walks at the end of the season. Woll hasn't played enough to have that kind of faith in him.
If Campbell signs I imagine they'll look to move Mrazek.

Leaf fans on our board tell me they aren't cap strapped.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
Stop whining and making up stuff. Miller is not point per game. He is currently a second line center.He had an excellent 19-20 season. However, the Leafs shouldn't massively over pay for him.
Over PPG two years ago
Only a couple points under last year
Right around it all season this year.

He would be 3rd in points on the leafs as well….

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Over PPG two years ago
Only a couple points under last year
Right around it all season this year.

He would be 3rd in points on the leafs as well….
Yes, he had a big year, but usually he is below a point per game. He might be third on points in Toronto if he were to score at the same pace and get the same usage. He is a good player.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
Yes, he had a big year, but usually he is below a point per game. He might be third on points in Toronto if he were to score at the same pace and get the same usage. He is a good player.
Get over it dude. You tried to be cheeky, but you were just wrong.
It’s ok. It happens to the best of us.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Get over it dude. You tried to be cheeky, but you were just wrong.
It’s ok. It happens to the best of us.
I am an not cheeky nor was I wrong, but you are right in that it happens to the best of us. It happened to you in this very thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad