good luck tomorrow

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
How long is Reimer supposed to be out for anyway? Hopefully not too long, it's always more entertaining seeing others foam at the mouth about Toronto having a competitive team

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to deal with excuses like "we're missing Frattin and Reimer" from Leafs fans. Not exactly Crosby and Fleury, are they?

As for the Canes, I'm still in wait-and-see mode. Obviously, it's nice to be where we are after 8 of our first 12 on the road. But we're a .500 team at home with crappy special teams, a patchwork defense, and nary a point inside the division we're winning by two points.

Sorry, but I just don't think we should plan the parade yet. And actually, the Leafs game is a big test. Coming off a long roadie against an average team playing without two key players has "trap" written all over it. A good team will still find a way to win. We shall see if we're a good team.

Having said all that, I think it would be fun to see how long we can hold the division lead without a single point against division teams. We only play three of the final seven February games inside the division, so we can go 4-3 and probably still lead the division with 23 points on March 1. After that, we're actually going to have to beat a division rival, I'd think.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to deal with excuses like "we're missing Frattin and Reimer" from Leafs fans. Not exactly Crosby and Fleury, are they?

As for the Canes, I'm still in wait-and-see mode. Obviously, it's nice to be where we are after 8 of our first 12 on the road. But we're a .500 team at home with crappy special teams, a patchwork defense, and nary a point inside the division we're winning by two points.

Sorry, but I just don't think we should plan the parade yet. And actually, the Leafs game is a big test. Coming off a long roadie against an average team playing without two key players has "trap" written all over it. A good team will still find a way to win. We shall see if we're a good team.

Having said all that, I think it would be fun to see how long we can hold the division lead without a single point against division teams. We only play three of the final seven February games inside the division, so we can go 4-3 and probably still lead the division with 23 points on March 1. After that, we're actually going to have to beat a division rival, I'd think.

Not meant as an excuse at all I'm actually looking forward to it in a way next 5-8 games could show what kind of depth we have.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
The Canes will start Ellis and Dalpe just to even things up.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Luke's (or was it Chip?) dropped a hint that Dalpe's going to play, and it's likely that Ellis could get the start after 4 games off, even though the result of that 4 game stretch was 7 points for the Canes.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I actually think now's the perfect time to start Ellis. Ward was strong during the road trip, time to give him an extended rest period. Start Ellis on Thursday, then Ward against the Habs next week.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
If Ellis doesn't start tomorrow then why is he our backup? Especially in this short season, Ward is gonna need a break, Thursday is the perfect time.

If not, his next start won't be for another 10 days when we have our next back to back.

Also funny how Kev brings up no points in the division yet we've only played 2 games in the division. Talk about small sample size.

To the OP, you're like the only leafs fan I know that would post such a thread lol.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Pitkanen is officially out, yeah.

Also Ellis starting tomorrow would mean Ward goes 6 days between starts. I'd rather Ellis be the one with massive time off like that.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Wish I was going to be there.

Leafs are one of my favorite teams (Next to the Canes of course)

I have always had a great time talking with Leafs fans in person.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Hey Canes fans. I'm in charge of the GDT tomorrow and wonder if somebody would kindly provide me the lineup for tomorrow's game?

cheers :)

edit: could this be it?

Tlusty - E. Staal - Semin
Skinner - J. Staal - Dwyer
Bowman - Jokinen - LaRose
Wallace - Brent - Westgarth

Pitkanen - McBain
Faulk - Gleason
Harrison - Sanguinetti

Ward
Ellis

Last edited:

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Hey Canes fans. I'm in charge of the GDT tomorrow and wonder if somebody would kindly provide me the lineup for tomorrow's game?

cheers :)

edit: could this be it?

Tlusty - E. Staal - Semin
Skinner - J. Staal - Dwyer
Bowman - Jokinen - LaRose
Wallace - Brent - Westgarth

Pitkanen - McBain
Faulk - Gleason
Harrison - Sanguinetti

Ward
Ellis

I'm the GDT guy here tomorrow, so I'm working on this as we speak.

Your forward lines are probably correct, or close enough. I'm just going to assume we'll be skating Westy and Wallace with Brent, and Nodl is the scratch.

Pitkanen was described as "likely out" tomorrow by Muller, so D pairings will be something close to:

Gleason - Faulk
Corvo - Sangs
Harrison - McBain

No official word on Ward & Ellis yet of course, but I'm leaning toward Ward.

_____
2006 > 1967
_____

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad