Post-Game Talk (GBU): Good, Bad, Ugly... A Win! Beatin' the Bruins in Boston - 12/7/2023 3-1

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
It's because it is a recurring issue with this team. We refuse to pressure the puck when the other team has the empty net, and it has cost us points.

We play not to lose, instead of going for the EN and burying teams
I have always found this team to be very good at securing the empty net goals.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I’m too jaded to look at the standings, how many wins in the next 10 do we need to put ourselves back in the picture

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I missed the game last night but from what I saw in the highlights, Samuelsson looked like the himself.

I’m too jaded to look at the standings, how many wins in the next 10 do we need to put ourselves back in the picture
We're 5 points out of a wildcard spot. Problem is, almost everyone has games in hand on us.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006

If we need 96 points to make the playoffs, that is a 0.585 point %. If we go 9-0-1 over the next 10 games we will have 43 points in 37 games, which will be a 0.581 point %.

You could spread that out over the remainder of the year, and we will need 69 points in 55 games for a 0.627 point % the rest of the way (103 point pace). That is something like 31-17-7. That feels very achievable if the Sabres could play to their ability

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If the critique is going to include the last couple minutes of the game, this was one of the plays in that stretch that was not the usual marshmellowy center for this team:

Similarly, Cozens laid out to block a shot in that scramble shortly after. Power engaged his man along the wall. All good things to see. Will they start to string that level of professionalism together? We'll see.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Good:

9-24-77 with a lot of jump early and Peterka in particular driving his line.
Tage ripping one.
Levi looked good.
Yonni all over the place.
Vic moving his feet and doing things to help win shifts, break up plays and defend... and then he scores.
Clifton's cleanout to help spring Vic's goal.
Mitts, Cozens and Samuelsson defensively with the Bruins net empty.
Robinson-Krebs-Okposo did some things that looked like a pro checking line.

Bad:

The disallowed goal was so NHL.
The lack of the tripping call against Zacha with Buffalo on the PP was also so NHL.

Ugly:

This week has sucked a lot in real life.
Marchand being a dirty dink with yet another lowbridge hit. Anyone shocked? Anyone?
And they made Marchand their Captain....... that says it all for me........

The Bruins miss Bergeron.

He would have found a way to tie the game up. Or at least, score/assist during the EN sequence.

TS for them...........

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad