Good article from Darren Rovell

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
likea said:
corporate support for one

I have seen you complain or boast (not sure which) how much the cost of living in that area is

could this have something to do with people being able to afford insane prices for NHL games

here in Pittsburgh, you can bye a 4 bedroom house for $125,000...the economy is in the crapper and all the young people are moving away

and the Canucks will get theirs soon...Naslund has to be signed soon or let go...the Sedins are still on their rookie contracts...right??? ( I might be wrong about that), you have 2 #1 d-man on your team.....they will want what #1 d-man make

what happens when your fan base gets sick of you losing in round one or two every year????

and it doesn't always depend on city size, it could just depend if your owner is willing to spend out of his pocket to be a team that competes with the other teams

it will catch up to you...thats what you don't seem to understand...if things stay as they are it will catch up to you

Ottawa also....

you just happen to have some very good young players mixed with some older players right now

if I asked you 12 years ago today who had the highest payroll in the NHL and who the most dominant teams was in 93 who would you say

it will catch up to you...you just don't want to see it

OK question, how on earth when we are in the bottom half of population do we have more corportations than say Chicago? Corporate support has NOT come easy and was one of Dave Cobbs greatest successes, most teams in the US could also have the same corporate support with a strong business partnership with those sponsors.

As for Nazzy, I am far more worried about losing him to MODO than any other NHL team. He has said in many media interviews that he plays in Vancouver or Sweden, he isn't interested in playing anywhere else for any amount of money.

As for our 2 Dmen, that would be Ohlund and Jovo, both have recently renewed there contracts no fear there and even if there was we have another strong Dman in the minors who can come up if needed.

The Sedins are out of there rookie contracts and are still only making 1.3. Not bad for 2nd line compared to most other teams in the league.

As for only making the first or second round, you know what I don't watch 82 games a year just for the playoffs, I watch 82 games because the Canucks play an exciting fast paced style that is entertaining.

As for our economy a 4 bedroom house in Kerrisdale is about 750,000 you can get a 3 bedroom in Surrey for 350,000 - 400,000. This with a median family income of just over 51,000.

YellHockey*

likea said:
corporate support for one

I have seen you complain or boast (not sure which) how much the cost of living in that area is

could this have something to do with people being able to afford insane prices for NHL games

How does a high cost of living in an area translate into being able to afford expensive NHL tickets?

Vancouver is one of, if not the, most expensive area to live in in Canada. While it lags behind Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto in average income. As well, Calgary has more corporate headquarters then Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad