Post-Game Talk: Gong Show!! Leafs win 2:1

sylejman

Oct 7, 2020
It was the right call because the puck was in the net and it may have hit a stick after the kick.

Confirm that it's in the net, stop play, and use the video to decide if it's a goal.

Before the days of video review the right call would be no goal.
Yea I understand, but someone else said on here the actual rule is if the puck is kicked towards the net it's no goal even if it deflects off a skate of the opposition. Surely the ref should know the rule and not give fans the false hope.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
My favourite one is how many posters say the ref's have "typical Toronto bias"

Like we didn't get a 5 on 3 called against us last year in game 6 off of bad calls + had a pick play called on a game 7 goal. They were reallllll helpful there
Meh. There are loser fans of every team who would rather blame the refs than admit their team was beaten.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Yea I understand, but someone else said on here the actual rule is if the puck is kicked towards the net it's no goal even if it deflects off a skate of the opposition. Surely the ref should know the rule and not give fans the false hope.
A skate or a body, yes, it's not a goal; but I specifically said 'stick'.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Lots of things in life are wrong.

What effect do you think handing the home team a penalty after disallowing their 3rd goal of the night is going to have on an already pissed off crowd?
It would have been awesome to see

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
So you're an expert in public safety and crowd control as well?
I could say the same to you. You're the one suggesting incredibly abnormal ways to deal with it. In fact, calling the game then and releasing thousands of pissed off fans onto the streets all at once would be more likely to create a public safety disaster.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I could say the same to you. You're the one suggesting incredibly abnormal ways to deal with it.
The difference, as if often the case, is that I presented a scenario that could have occurred based on my opinion while you presented a definitive one as though you actually know what would have occurred.

However, I really should know better than to indulge your need for attention. Enjoy the game today.

Reactions: Antropovsky

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
The difference, as if often the case, is that I presented a scenario that could have occurred based on my opinion while you presented a definitive one as though you actually know what would have occurred.
The difference, as is often the case, is that I presented a scenario that would likely occur based on the history of such occurrences, while you presented an incredibly abnormal scenario that there's really no precedent for, that likely would have made things worse.

Of course, your first suggestion of ignoring the rules and rewarding the crowd for their dangerous actions was even worse.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
please tell me you understand that I was being sarcastic with the “godly” remark. It was to poke fun at all the people on this forum who have such high praise for Rielly when in reality he is nothing more than a number 4 at best.
I did understand your sarcasm, and I can tell you this, no one on this board has "high praise" for Morgan I don't hear anybody on here calling him "godly" in the broadest terms, which is why I responded to your post. That said, if anything most posters rail about his incompetence, not getting the shot through etcetera etcetera etcetera!

I don't know what criteria you're using but Morgan Reilly is not a #4, when he broke in yes sure, but he's worked hard and now he is most definitely a top pairing guy. Not a #1 in the classic sense maybe, but that's the role he plays for the Maple Leafs. What I can tell you is that he is among the best of the puck carrying Dman in the league. He'll be sorely missed while on IR and the Leafs are a poorer team without him.

Jamie Benn got put on IR. Likely week to week. Won’t know more till they get some imaging done. Per Keefe at todays media availability.

I think we need an injury update thread at this point.
just use the Jordie Benn thread

Reactions: Jojalu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad