Gonchar on Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Namso said:
lol you guys think Crosby would have stayed disciplined???

Whenever the going gets tough, Crosby is the first one to end up in the penalty box. He would have probably cost us a few goals. Crosby is just not ready yet. A bad experience could go a long way to possibly halting his development somewhat.

Gretzky made a good decision not taking crosby, he was too young, inexperienced, undisplined...

Staal on the otherhand....

Right.

No doubt Sid would have "Bertuzzied" someone due to lack of experience.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Namso said:
lol you guys think Crosby would have stayed disciplined???

Whenever the going gets tough, Crosby is the first one to end up in the penalty box. He would have probably cost us a few goals. Crosby is just not ready yet. A bad experience could go a long way to possibly halting his development somewhat.

Gretzky made a good decision not taking crosby, he was too young, inexperienced, undisplined...

Staal on the otherhand....
Maybe you shouldn't post about something you know nothing about.Check out WJC's,Presidents Trophy,and Memorial Cup........in other words games that mattered.

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
Hindsight or not Crosby certainly has the one attribute that is a must for Olympic hockey: Speed

Yes he is too high-strung and would take penalties, but is it even possible for a 18 year old to ‘out-do’ some of the boneheaded penalties Team Canada took?

But I guess Crosby needs a 2 week rest so the Pens can make a playoffs run ;) Calder run? Rocket/Ross run... no?

He will have absolutely nothing to show for this year :(

Sure it would have been lots of pressure for Crosby, any less then the media had put onto him by declaring him >>>>>>>>>>>>> every hockey player in the history of the game?

shealy04

Oct 20, 2005
Nova Scotia
pei fan said:
Maybe you shouldn't post about something you know nothing about.Check out WJC's,Presidents Trophy,and Memorial Cup........in other words games that mattered.

:clap: great post.

I mean, WJC's and Mem Cups have nothing on meaningless games against Atlanta where he gets hit from behind by Ilya, takes a retaliation penalty on him, and then gets pointed at while in the box...

People make way too much out of his undisciplined play

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
I keep seeing some people wanting Shanahan to be there and this is nuts. Shanahan was invisible in Nagano and also in Salt lake, hes horrible on the big ice. Maybe Tanguay, Cheechoo, Kariya, Spezza and Stall would have change something but i still believe that this tem could have get it done. The transition game was horrible and this was the main reason why they couldnt generate offense. The Finns, Russians, Czechs and Swedes gave us a clinic on how creating offense on the big ice by activating your defense but mostly by giving the puck to players in full stride. Watching the Czechs doing it is a thing of beauty.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
shealy04 said:
People make way too much out of his [Crosby's] undisciplined play
Amen. It is ridiculous. Sure he is feisty, but he has to be. He is just like half of the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->