Recalled/Assigned: Golobuef recalled under emergency conditions

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The emergency is that we only have 5 d-men with Savard possibly out tonight.

I'd rather have Goloubef possibly sit in the press box than Erixon. He and Prout need to play.

Not so sure I agree... it's only a game or two.. I'm thinking Erixon is on the path of being passed over in Columbus, not sure why but I doubt we see much of him... I hope I'm wrong.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Not so sure I agree... it's only a game or two.. I'm thinking Erixon is on the path of being passed over in Columbus, not sure why but I doubt we see much of him... I hope I'm wrong.

He needs to play. People thought the same thing of calvert during the 2011-12 disaster. Where he was recalled, played litte, sent down, rinse and repeat. They told him he wasn't going to be the yoyo guy. Probably the same thing with Erixon and Prout.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

That's quite a leap. This is Cody's first call up this season, why not give him an NHL paycheck for a night to possibly be called on if needed as a nice reward for a decent AHL season so far? I guarantee Erixon or Prout would have been called up if this was an extended injury to someone.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
That's quite a leap. This is Cody's first call up this season, why not give him an NHL paycheck for a night to possibly be called on if needed as a nice reward for a decent AHL season so far? I guarantee Erixon or Prout would have been called up if this was an extended injury to someone.

ok, let me know when Erixon plays as a 7th defenseman....

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
ok, let me know when Erixon plays as a 7th defenseman....

Why does 7th defenseman matter? They only play due to injury or bad play. I'd rather our lower 20 year old defenseman play night in and night out

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Reason's Golo is the best callup:

1. Golo's a Righty

2. He's always been a steady callup. Always plays the same whether he's sat all week or not.

3. He's not a top prospect like Erixon, so we don't have to worry about his development as much.

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
How is it possible to not have 1 extra Dman around. That a callup can't make it because of weather or whatever is unexcusable.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
How is it possible to not have 1 extra Dman around. That a callup can't make it because of weather or whatever is unexcusable.

They sent Prout down to get playing time, Savard unexpectedly got sick on one of the worst weather days of the year. It happens, despite best laid plans.

the "emergency" as I would understand it is basically a way to call the kid up without having to place him on waivers on the way back.

People are way too hung up on Erixon. If he were good enough, he'd be here. I like giving Goloubef a shot, especially in this situation which allows him to come up for a bit without chancing waivers.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
They sent Prout down to get playing time, Savard unexpectedly got sick on one of the worst weather days of the year. It happens, despite best laid plans.

the "emergency" as I would understand it is basically a way to call the kid up without having to place him on waivers on the way back.

People are way too hung up on Erixon. If he were good enough, he'd be here. I like giving Goloubef a shot, especially in this situation which allows him to come up for a bit without chancing waivers.

I agree with everything here.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

"The worst weather days of the year."... ??? Are you serious SG... The truth is no one knows why Prout was sent down, and no one knows what the hell is going on with Erixon...

Geez..

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
"The worst weather days of the year."... ??? Are you serious SG... The truth is no one knows why Prout was sent down, and no one knows what the hell is going on with Erixon...

Geez..

We (well, most of us) know exactly why Prout was sent down- he's not playing and he needs to play. CBJ thought they could get away with 6 D for the weekend. Springfield had 3 games, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Perfect time to get Prout some playing time and bring him (or someone else) back for Monday/Tuesday.

I suppose for some people it's easier to see black helicopters than the most plausible explanations. Columbus and a lot of the midwest had bad weather today. Goloubef made it as far as Philadelphia. Travel can sometimes be challenging even in the best of weather. Or you could look for boogeymen I guess. Whatever floats your boat.

As far as Erixon, it's pretty easy to see that the folks in charge think we have better options, and from the results, it certainly appears we do. I've seen mothers in midget less concerned with their kids' playing time than you are with Erixon.

FlaggerX

Mar 21, 2008
Columbus
Cody certainly has played well during his time in Columubus. I just look at it like this, Erixon was good last season, really good. So was Prout. But Savard has been playing really well, and Golubef has shown he belongs. What this really means is that we have depth, so if someone gets hurt, we have an NHL-ready defenseman to plug in. That's a really nice thing.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Cody certainly has played well during his time in Columubus. I just look at it like this, Erixon was good last season, really good. So was Prout. But Savard has been playing really well, and Golubef has shown he belongs. What this really means is that we have depth, so if someone gets hurt, we have an NHL-ready defenseman to plug in. That's a really nice thing.

It also means Jarmo has bullets.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3