Confirmed with Link: Golden Knights sign Vadim Shipachyov

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Congrats Knights fans. McPhee might be just enough of an evil genius to get this team into the playoffs in it's first season.

member 202355

The deal is apparently two years in length with a total contract value of $9 million (annual average value of $4.5 million).

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I'm not too familiar with him, but it looks like a cheap contract for what he CAN bring. Not sure what he WILL bring.

schnee11

Hockey Lover
Dec 12, 2014
Canada
Great signing, imagine getting radulov and kovalchuck as well? But in all seriousness i think we could put up a nice looking first line of zucker Shipachyov and silfverberg

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I'm not too familiar with him, but it looks like a cheap contract for what he CAN bring. Not sure what he WILL bring.

He's got top 6 offensive skills (both passing and finishing) along with good speed and skating. He's the typical Russian skilled offensive player, not overly good in physical battles but can produce.

This is a solid signing for you guys. Honestly he might be better than Galchenyuk, so the Knights already have a better 1C than the Habs :biglaugh:

Considering 1C is not what you guys were going to get in the ED, this deal just made the Knights a very interesting team to watch next year. A lot less holes in their lineup than one would think.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Great signing, imagine getting radulov and kovalchuck as well? But in all seriousness i think we could put up a nice looking first line of zucker Shipachyov and silfverberg

Silfverberg is going to be protected.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
At this point, why not go after Kovalchuk, Radulov, and Dadanov?

Kovalchuk-Shipachyov-Dadanov
X-X-Radulov

Honestly better than some NHL teams' top six's now, and you're probably going to get someone who can be a 2C and a winger who can slide on the second line and not look out of place.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Congratulations, that's a great signing for you guys! I think he's a 2C in the NHL at the very least!

It would be great to see a competitive team in Vegas right off the bat and signings like this will go a long way towards helping achieve that :)

Wouldn't be surprised to see Dadonov follow suit.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Not bad.

Not bad at all.

There will probably be more signings like this. With McPhee as GM Shipachyov is the first of many Russian players coming over to join the Knights.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
This is a shrewd move by McPhee. I absolutely love it.

VGK should be looking at potentially adding anoteher 1-2 high skill forwards from the KHL.

This is a fantastic signing and I would be excited as a VGK fan.

I can't remember any other expansion teams ever making a splash like this prior to their first season. Teams have been trying to get this guy to come over for years.

Congrats guys!

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Few more these kinds of signings+getting lucky in the expansion draft,
you might just get one of the best rosters for a NHL
"new comer" ...ever.

Gallant/McPhee as your coach/gm tandem,with good roster,
all those season tickets sold,earmark yourselves to the play-offs.

Sure...i'm bit hasty,but so far, things gone like a dream for the Knights.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Nice! I've had Shipachyov stashed on my fantasy team for a couple years now. Probably will pick up his jersey shirt when I do my first trip to see a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->