Golden Knights merchandise leads league

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
The Thunder didnt. The Wild and Blue Jackets didnt. The last one to do so was the San Jose Sharks. Leave it to HF to crap on that based completely on assumption

Not expansion, but the Jets 2.0 led the league as well. And as I said earlier here, I find that, with all due respect to LV, far more impressive. And for a number of reasons as Winnipeg is not only a much smaller market, it's also not a entertainment/tourism hub. Many people bought VGK gear because it's Vegas and not necessarily because they are fans (I've owned a number of Vegas themed shirts in my childhood).

Winnipeg leading the league in sales was IMO more of a testament as to how passionate and happy people were to see the team back in town. Keep in mind that Vegas gear drew the attention of fans in the US and Canada while Jets gear only really drew interest in Canada. And considering the fact that many people had already owned and continued to buy vintage Jets gear for years leading up to their return and still lead the league in sales says a lot, too.

Reactions: rosenqvist

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sales of Golden Knights merchandise going crazy

The Golden Knights’ post-season run has generated even more sales.

“The Knights have sold more merchandise since the start of the playoffs than they did in the previous two months combined,” Fox said.
“The Knights have sold more merchandise this month than the rest of the remaining [four] playoff teams combined,” Fox said.

And the merchandising juggernaut continues.

Reactions: razor ray

Roadrage

Mar 25, 2010
Next door
The Thunder didnt. The Wild and Blue Jackets didnt. The last one to do so was the San Jose Sharks.
Damn! I had no idea the Wild and Blue Jackets didn't lead the league that year. Did they not start in the league together the same year? If so, I can see them splitting the sales. Who are the Thunder and which league were they an expansion in?

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Damn! I had no idea the Wild and Blue Jackets didn't lead the league that year. Did they not start in the league together the same year? If so, I can see them splitting the sales. Who are the Thunder and which league were they an expansion in?
Oklahoma city.

How would they split sales? They are two different fanbases. According to prior's posters logic they should have been 1 and 2 and they werent.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Not expansion, but the Jets 2.0 led the league as well. And as I said earlier here, I find that, with all due respect to LV, far more impressive. And for a number of reasons as Winnipeg is not only a much smaller market, it's also not a entertainment/tourism hub. Many people bought VGK gear because it's Vegas and not necessarily because they are fans (I've owned a number of Vegas themed shirts in my childhood).

Winnipeg leading the league in sales was IMO more of a testament as to how passionate and happy people were to see the team back in town. Keep in mind that Vegas gear drew the attention of fans in the US and Canada while Jets gear only really drew interest in Canada. And considering the fact that many people had already owned and continued to buy vintage Jets gear for years leading up to their return and still lead the league in sales says a lot, too.
How is a hockey team from Canada, the birthplace of the sport, leading the league in merchandise more impressive than a team situated in a desert, in a city people thought too transient to support a franchise doing it?

I get that you're Canadian, but come on dude

Bookie21

Dec 26, 2017
This is some impressive sales numbers. Can't believe they're selling more in the playoffs than Jets/Lightning/Captals combined. And the Jets are selling a lot of playoff merchandise

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
This is some impressive sales numbers. Can't believe they're selling more in the playoffs than Jets/Lightning/Captals combined. And the Jets are selling a lot of playoff merchandise

They are likely not. The numbers are for the 'Fanatics network' which includes NHL.com and the official team web sites. Few people in Canada get merchandise from NHL.com or any online store because you can almost literally get stuff from any sportswear store. I'm sure they are selling a crapload of Vegas stuff but these articles are always misleading.

Reactions: BrainyBomber

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad