Golden Knights merchandise leads league

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Knights’ merchandise sales prove golden, outpacing rest of NHL

The expansion club, now starting the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs against the Los Angeles Kings, leads the league this season for merchandise sales through online retailer Fanatics’ network, which includes the NHL’s and Golden Knights’ official shopping websites.
Fanatics spokesman Brandon Williams declined to give comparisons to other teams or the Knights’ total sales revenue. But he said that Knights merchandise sales rose 80 percent in the past two weeks compared with the prior two weeks, and that Fanatics has sold Knights gear to buyers in nearly 90 countries since the start of the season.
“It’s really safe to assume that we’ve never seen this kind of response” to an expansion team, said Jack Boyle, co-president of Fanatics’ North America retail sales.
Knights chief marketing officer Brian Killingsworth, who previously worked for NFL and Major League Baseball teams, said on Wednesday that he’s “never seen a market get behind a team like this one.”
Southern Nevadans “had a hunger for a major professional sports team,” but the Knights’ on-ice success has had “a huge effect” on sales of jerseys, shirts, hats and other merchandise.

Sounds like VGK definitely holding it's own WRT generating central revenue. :D

Reactions: Killion

Tinalera

Feb 3, 2007
The Known Universe
If knights go deep in playoffs or even win cup, seattle president os going to be beating back gm and management suitors with a ccm stick who want a piece of seattles action. Knight story continues to impress.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
wait, people are actually surprised a brand new team with zero prior merch led the league in merch sales? really?

the bigger shock would've been if someone beat them

Indeed, wonder how many have purchased "Face of the Franchise" Shipachyov then had to buy another one shortly after.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Indeed, wonder how many have purchased "Face of the Franchise" Shipachyov then had to buy another one shortly after.
Guy two rows down from me had a Shippy jersey. The poor guy wore it once. I talked to him a few games in and told him he could take it to a tailor and get the name plate and numbers taken off.

It is now a Reilly Smith jersey. :laugh:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
With the new jersey supplier, many fans "needed" to get a new home and away jersey for their fav team. Next year, there may be 3rd jerseys coming that can increase income as well.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Yes, but Seattle did much better in their season ticket deposit drive. :naughty:
Yeah, I’m apparently taking on the role of negative outsider on that one.

Also, negative insider since I’m moving to Seattle and will now have to be #67,819 on the waiting list for tickets. :laugh:

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Yeah, I’m apparently taking on the role of negative outsider on that one.

Also, negative insider since I’m moving to Seattle and will now have to be #67,819 on the waiting list for tickets. :laugh:

I haven't checked their site in a while. I'd like to go some games, but I can't do a season package as I'm just a bit too far to do it that often.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Bob, it's not just Vegas. Merchandise shipped to 90 countries!!! (Including US and Canada)
That's awesome!

The point still stands that other teams have shipped merch to 90 different countries for a decade now.

This is Vegas just catching up, and good on them!

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
This is certainly a factor. When your city has a new team, everyone has to buy their first gear.

Also the expansion'ness of them.

I don't know if its the exact same, but I was a little kid when the Sharks, Ducks, etc... were expansion teams and EVERYONE had their gear. I can't imagine kids these days are much difference....they'll flock to the shiny new team merchandise.

Reactions: Morrison

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
With the new jersey supplier, many fans "needed" to get a new home and away jersey for their fav team. Next year, there may be 3rd jerseys coming that can increase income as well.

Yes, it's a never-ending game to keep merch sales up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->