Post-Game Talk: Golden Knights 2, Penguins 1 - It's Lit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Yeah it's hard to imagine..plus we want aim to beat Detroit's playoff record of 25 years..we got 15 years to go

Yeah we’ll be close no matter what and JR/ownership are going to be going for the playoff run no matter what.

There will be at least 1 or 2 trades pretty soon I’d imagine then tweak the roster from their until the deadline.

Reactions: NEPA

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
As one of the biggest Hornqvist fan on this site, if they are not going to use him correctly anymore, trade him, trade him before this dip shit management puts him in a funk playing him on his off wing with players he doesn't mesh with.

White flag or whatever, just do it already, this team does not deserve Patric Hornqvist and Patric Hornqvist deserves better.

I put so much faith in how good Sullivan was with his player management, motivation techniques, and holding players accountable. All of that was just horse shit smoke and mirrors.

Reactions: Clare2904

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I put so much faith in how good Sullivan was with his player management, motivation techniques, and holding players accountable. All of that was just horse **** smoke and mirrors.

I think this is a little harsh. We have seen nothing less than success with Sully. But we have yet to see how he handles the type of adversity(like what is presented now). He needs a chance to sort it out

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I think Sullivan has the potential to become a great coach. Even hall of fame . What's going on now with the lack of success will only make him a better coach as he learns how to deal with this type of adversity. Besides his Boston stint in the late 90s which was A cup of coffee, he's still learning.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think this is a little harsh. We have seen nothing less than success with Sully. But we have yet to see how he handles the type of adversity(like what is presented now). He needs a chance to sort it out
30+ games in and it's actually spiralling out of control to the point where JR has to make a statement trade.

How's that for sorting things out so far. I'm not saying fire him but he needs an accountability discussion for his performance too.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007

Yeah, I cant believe what I'm reading here. The coach and the team who absolutely defined the concept on how to handle adversity are now a bunch of losers? I mean come on now. Try to understand the game, league, competetiveness, salary cap-dependencies... Its not an easy feat to make it to playoffs in this league, let alone win another cup, especially after the last two seasons.

I've full faith in JR, coach, team, sid, geno.. you name it. And that faith is not changed even though we wouldnt make the playoffs this year. The guys could use a longer summer to recharge. Trust me, they hate to lose, but once you are beyond your limits mentally and physically, there's not too much you can do. This all said: I'm sure they will turn it around.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
30+ games in and it's actually spiralling out of control to the point where JR has to make a statement trade.

How's that for sorting things out so far. I'm not saying fire him but he needs an accountability discussion for his performance too.

I agree that it's spiraling. But it Sounds like JR supports the coach and doesn't like the make up of the roster. Which I think is appropriate.

Sullivan is gaining experience behind the bench. He's not gonna be in Pittsburgh forever.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I agree that it's spiraling. But it Sounds like JR supports the coach and doesn't like the make up of the roster. Which I think is appropriate.

Sullivan is gaining experience behind the bench. He's not gonna be in Pittsburgh forever.
I'm not saying fire Sullivan. I'm saying get some power back and refocus the system.

Also with JR, time to clear some players that don't fit the system anymore.

Goodbye to - Reaves, Kuhnhackl, and Hagelin.

Reactions: NEPA

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I just can't believe people think JR waves a wand around and gets this team back to a Cup contender. We have enough talent, as is, to not be in this situation. Did you watch Geno? Did you watch Letang? Did you see Dumo's laughable gaffes? Did you watch Sid? Did you see our powerplay?

If JR has a wand, he should wave it at those players.

That's not on JR. Rutherford talks to his coach, talks to his scouts and then trades or makes moves within by that recommendation.

The issues you're talking about are all on Sullivan, Recchi, Martin, and Gonchar. Maybe, just maybe, the shakeup we need isn't player related to start. Maybe one of those assistants has to get canned for Sullivan to start cracking the whip and the players to realize they didn't lose a friend, their shit play and attitude cost someone their job. Likely a person earning that pink slip in any case.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
That's not on JR. Rutherford talks to his coach, talks to his scouts and then trades or makes moves within by that recommendation.

The issues you're talking about are all on Sullivan, Recchi, Martin, and Gonchar. Maybe, just maybe, the shakeup we need isn't player related to start. Maybe one of those assistants has to get canned for Sullivan to start cracking the whip and the players to realize they didn't lose a friend, their **** play and attitude cost someone their job. Likely a person earning that pink slip in any case.

As much as I loved Recchi the player, he's my first choice to let go.

Reactions: Uemoda

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Yup, they definitely need that "shakeup" trade, and it could be Hornqvist going the other way. I love the guy, but he's the last man standing if other players are staying.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yup, they definitely need that "shakeup" trade, and it could be Hornqvist going the other way. I love the guy, but he's the last man standing if other players are staying.
Sadly, I don't want to see it happen but I can see it happen as that shake up. And the easier sell after too as "Our internal cap couldn't retain him" pr crap talk.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Is this a good time for some fresh call-ups from WBS?
I think the Penguins organization wants Sprong to win a selke while being in the AHL before they add him to the team Call of Duty road trip team where his spotting game might earn him a spot on the 4th line with Reaves and Rowney.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
It's bothersome to me that a line with Neal, effectively a checking center, and David "I show up when I feel like it" Perron looks more with it and together than any of our lines. Obviously those guys have found some real chemistry, but Crosby and Malkin are just not providing the impact they need to. Are we just going to slowly devolve into the Canucks with Sid and Geno playing the role of Henrik and Daniel?

You definitely saw a hungrier team than the Penguins last night, and I won't say better coached but they were certainly more dedicated to their plan and execution. We seem like we're resigned to "whatever happens happens". Too many invisi-forwards. I think I noticed Sheary around 2/3 into the game.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Malkin is a saint. He has been jobbed so hard on this team it's ridiculous. Outside of Kessel being a mainstay, literally any iteration of a duo of wingers for him have been moved to make way for more Crosby wingers.

Crosby has been **** this season. He should be ****ing ashamed of his performance and as a leader.
This is silly. Sid and Geno are both sitting at exactly 1 ppg with Crosby having a few more goals. Also, Geno has spent the season with the team's best winger. In fact, between Neal and Kessel, Geno's probably spent a lot more time with the team's best winger than Crosby has over the last several years. Is your complaint that he's not playing with the best and second best winger on the team? I mean, hell, a couple weeks ago he was.

I agree that Geno's been better than Sid so far this year(or at least more consistent) but neither guy is exactly killing it out there. And the gap in their respective performances certainly hasn't been big enough to characterize one as a "saint" and the other a piece of shit that should be ashamed. I mean, I get that this season has been frustrating but you must see how ridiculous this is, right? Especially coming after last night's game.

Reactions: UnderratedBrooks44

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I'm not saying fire Sullivan. I'm saying get some power back and refocus the system.

Also with JR, time to clear some players that don't fit the system anymore.

Goodbye to - Reaves, Kuhnhackl, and Hagelin.

I'd disagree on Hagelin though. If he made $2M less I'm sure you and everyone would say he's an adequate player
You could also add Rowney to that list, but he plays C and we barely have enough of those so...

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
The Pens are pretty likely to make the playoffs regardless of their recent struggles. It honestly doesn't matter if we're the 8th seed or 1st seed. These struggles are concerning but unlikely to continue for the next 50+ games.

Maybe losing Cullen was a bigger deal than we thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad