God of War (PS4)

Discussion in 'Geek Emporium' started by McGhost Division, Jun 17, 2016.

1. wingsnut19

wingsnut19 Registered User

If she does the face stomp thing and kills you, boy can't res you. I agree though, the other Valkyries were challenging but fun, the Queen was just annoying. Her unblockable jab kept screwing me over, and I only ended up beating her because I got lucky and she only used that jab twice and missed me both times.

crowi likes this.
  2. crowi

crowi Registered Loser

Finally killed her today. I'm now ready for some Bloodborne as frustration of dying doesn't annoy me that much lol.

Also agree that other Valkyries were fun, this was not.

3. syz

syz [1, 5, 6, 14]

When I killed the Queen I didn't take damage until she was at like 20% health. The only move that isn't heavily telegraphed is the jump. The only real difference between her attacks and the other Valkyries is that she can combo them together a bit more, but they're always the same combo.

4. wingsnut19

Don't really agree that the jab was heavily telegraphed, she just randomly lunges with an unblockable attack and hits for 75% of your health. And that is exactly what makes her so difficult, she has access to all of the other Valkyries gimmicks combined and she certainly does not always use them in the same order.

5. syz

syz [1, 5, 6, 14]

Jab is telegraphed by which side she approaches you from. If she dodges left it's the unblockable, if she dodges right it's... something else. I don't remember anymore; maybe the blockable swipe-combo-thing (which then could possibly have an unblockable at the end of it). That might also be backwards.

wingsnut19 likes this.
  6. wingsnut19

Can't say I noticed that. Wish I knew this last night. :D

7. syz

syz [1, 5, 6, 14]

Might not matter if she's right on top of you, but yea, was something I picked up in earlier fights.

And I was backwards, it was if she came from the right.

~2:35

8. ArchAngel55

ArchAngel55 Registered User

Finally beat her. We killed each other at the same time twice. Somehow beat her without using a resurrection stone.

9. crowi

crowi Registered Loser

Just 100% the game on my "give me challenge"- playthrough. My grievances are pretty much the locked camera and how few different enemies there are in the game. Fighting troll after troll gets really boring as they mostly do the same things and these are supposed to be main "boss" fights you get in the game if you don't bother with Valkyries.

Still, great game and worth the price tag.

10. Haggard

Haggard Registered User

I was really looking forward to digging into this as I have some time off starting today. That is until my PS4 Pro crapped the bed. Guess I have to wait a little longer! Loved the little bit of it I did get to play though