God of War (PS4)

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
The 2nd hardest difficulty was very hard at first but its gotten quite a bit easier once you unlock skills and upgrade stuff. All those skills are there for a reason and should be used in the various situations you get put into.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Absolutely blown away. It kept getting better and better. All the foreshadowing and little things were eventually brought back up again or resolved. Well done.

I kept thinking I was almost done the game then it kept going. I think it took me about 24 hours. (over 5 days)

Also ..
Loki. Gave me chills

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Just realized that Kratos is voiced by the dude from Stargate.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Absolutely blown away. It kept getting better and better. All the foreshadowing and little things were eventually brought back up again or resolved. Well done.

I kept thinking I was almost done the game then it kept going. I think it took me about 24 hours. (over 5 days)

Also ..
Loki. Gave me chills
So many implications from that ending. It was incredible. And then when you go home and see Thor... I'm already hyped up for the next game.

Combat in this game is so much fun. I just wish there was a bit more diversity in the types of enemies you fight.

Reactions: The Gongshow

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
So many implications from that ending. It was incredible. And then when you go home and see Thor... I'm already hyped up for the next game.

Combat in this game is so much fun. I just wish there was a bit more diversity in the types of enemies you fight.

It’s a hack and slash game. I love the genre (and this game...playing it now) but the variety of enemies would add complexity to the game that the developers may not have the time to put in.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
It’s a hack and slash game. I love the genre (and this game...playing it now) but the variety of enemies would add complexity to the game that the developers may not have the time to put in.
The types of battles you had in the earlier God of War games were more varied than in this one. It is really a small comment though, as it is still among the best games I've played.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I just got to the point where:

You get the blades of chaos. I had no idea you'd get them back in this game.

Chills yo

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
How much exploring is everyone doing? I just finished Alfheim and the boy keeps bringing up that we are free to explore and do side quests

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
24EAEAF6-8149-4C95-900E-EF469CE393A2.jpeg

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
How much exploring is everyone doing? I just finished Alfheim and the boy keeps bringing up that we are free to explore and do side quests
I've been doing every side quest I can asap and I'm about to finished with Alfheim (I think). I've only encountered 4 of them so far. I don't think I have left any nook undiscovered so far.
I'm pretty much done with Lake of Nine and all areas surrounding it - just need some more decipher stuff. And of course story progress to able to open/enter some spots.

Today was really the first time I could sink proper time to this game and played 14 hours (just closed the game). The first few hours I didn't think the combat system was that great, but now I do.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I've been doing every side quest I can asap and I'm about to finished with Alfheim (I think). I've only encountered 4 of them so far. I don't think I have left any nook undiscovered so far.
I'm pretty much done with Lake of Nine and all areas surrounding it - just need some more decipher stuff. And of course story progress to able to open/enter some spots.

Today was really the first time I could sink proper time to this game and played 14 hours (just closed the game). The first few hours I didn't think the combat system was that great, but now I do.

Yeah I've been doing all the chests and rune chests and just picked up two side quests by the dwarves on the way out of Alfheim. I think that's the only ones I've come across so far so I'll tackle em as I go

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Yeah I've been doing all the chests and rune chests and just picked up two side quests by the dwarves on the way out of Alfheim. I think that's the only ones I've come across so far so I'll tackle em as I go
There's a few side-quests you can pick up immediately after getting to Lake of Nine. You did those already?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Another 12 hours in... this game doesn't shy away from a masterpiece like Witcher 3.

As someone said before, if you own a PS4 and are not playing this, you are creating WRONG into the universe.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
The Valkyries are kicking my ass and I love it. It is so satisfying when you learn their individual combat styles and finally beat them. Have one more in Niflheim and then I found all 8. That one is going to take me a bit since I haven't even started figuring out how to navigate Niflheim much less fight a Valkyrie in the fog, and I'm trying to avoid guides. Love this game.

Reactions: The Merchant

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
There's a few side-quests you can pick up immediately after getting to Lake of Nine. You did those already?

Nope, missed them! Just did the two dwarve favors and obtained a couple treasure maps. Continuing the journey to the mountain now. Having a blast

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Totally forgot it was me that made this thread.

This game is phenomenal. A great departure from the original series while still maintaining its core. This is one I can see putting a lot of hours into.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Another 10 hours, so I'm up to around 36. Spent like 4 of them fighting the 2 Valkyries that were available.

I honestly didn't think any PS4 game would de-throne Horizon Zero Dawn as my best game for the console, but this is seriously getting there.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Another 10 hours, so I'm up to around 36. Spent like 4 of them fighting the 2 Valkyries that were available.

I honestly didn't think any PS4 game would de-throne Horizon Zero Dawn as my best game for the console, but this is seriously getting there.

Same here. I love that it’s no so easy to get through the game when you up the difficulty.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
This game is a masterpiece. However, it needs a New Game + feature, and I think a large portion of the community is vocal about that. I spent a good bit of time upgrading all my armor, relics, weapons, etc., and have nothing to do. I would love to bring them into a new game on GoW difficulty and do it all over again.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I've changed my mind after battling with the Valkyrie queen for around 15 hours now! THE CAMERA ANGLE IS SHIT and the fact you can't change it SUCKS.
f***ing bullshit when the other chick can just fly to the other side or NOT and hit you with an unblockable attack.

Other than that it was a great game. I would love to see the reason WHY you can't control the camera yourself..... Helping me immerse with the story? to annoy me? what is the reason really?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Another 3 hours spent on the same Valkyrie. Yet again camera angle and the fact that even if you try to use a res stone it doesn't always work. I had the chick at 10% hp, used a stone instantly, but due to some animation bs, BOI didn't res me in time and I died.
Annoying AF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->