God of War (PS4)

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I'm just excited about the story and how Kratos managed to drag himself all the way to the Northern part of the world. I'm happy to say I've played every God of War game and enjoyed them all. I like what they've changed for this one but the core of it is still there which is important.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Will I buy this game?

eA2u3JJ.jpg

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm just excited about the story and how Kratos managed to drag himself all the way to the Northern part of the world. I'm happy to say I've played every God of War game and enjoyed them all. I like what they've changed for this one but the core of it is still there which is important.

Could be an alternate reality Kratos too

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
The idea that Kratos becomes Odin and the kid is Thor is actually appealing to me. Better than Kratos simply destroying another pantheon.

IGN did a piece on the game and it's setting. The game is to take place before the age of the Vikings so I'd say theories as far as Kratos becoming Odin and his son becoming Thor are pretty accurate.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
IGN did a piece on the game and it's setting. The game is to take place before the age of the Vikings so I'd say theories as far as Kratos becoming Odin and his son becoming Thor are pretty accurate.

Odin is the god of war so it makes sense on a lot of levels. Plus it shakes up the formula and gives something fresh instead of "Angry, macho Kratos must murder all the gods...AGAIN" Honestly after pretty much ending the world in 3, its hard to even want to play another game as Kratos.

Some actual development would be a nice change of pace.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Odin is the god of war so it makes sense on a lot of levels. Plus it shakes up the formula and gives something fresh instead of "Angry, macho Kratos must murder all the gods...AGAIN" Honestly after pretty much ending the world in 3, its hard to even want to play another game as Kratos.

Some actual development would be a nice change of pace.

Seems like there aren't that many Gods to murder this time at least. Definitely looking like there will he a fair amount of development for Kratos. There was that nice moment in the demo where Kratos goes to put his hand around his son but stops.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Only thing I see that messes with the Kratos becomes Odin theory is that the monster clearly mentions Valhalla, which is ruled over by Odin, so he may already exist.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I felt GoW lost a bit of steam as the trilogy went on. GoW 3, while visually stunning and satisfyingly brutal, was a but of a chore to complete.

Doing it again with the Norse pantheon and giving Kratos a chance to redeem himself as the father he never had the chance to be is pretty promising.

Curious to see the story behind the frost axe he can apparently throw and recall like Marvel Thor.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Greek Mythology has a ton of depth, but there just wasn't anywhere to go with the franchise after God of War III (which is why Ascension, even as a prequel, seemed underwhelming to a lot of people). Kratos fought the Greek Pantheon; everything is going to seem less impressive after that.

Smart shift to Norse Mythology, and the different gameplay seems like a welcome change as well.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
This looks to be more that Zelda style combat than the old hack and slash it used to be.

Though of course, the trailer is extremely scripted so its hard to tell.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Looks pretty good, but the combat is reminding me more and more of senuas sacrifice which I didn't find very fun.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I was meh about it until I watched that 15 minute gameplay trailer. Such a beautiful game, I'm still planning on waiting for a sale but now I'm even more excited for it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was meh about it until I watched that 15 minute gameplay trailer. Such a beautiful game, I'm still planning on waiting for a sale but now I'm even more excited for it.
Likewise, there are many PS4 games I haven't even touched yet that when I eventually come around to this game it should be 30 bucks.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
This has been getting surprisingly positive coverage lately. Maybe they actually pulled it off.

Interesting that the director pitched this sort of idea for Tomb Raider and it got shut down so he quit and started working on this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad