Post-Game Talk: GOATest 4 - WOATest 0 || Everyone is amazing... except You-Know-Who. Luca. Sbisa.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Burrows should damn well be playing for a job at this stage. He shouldn't be gifted a spot at all just because he was good for us in the past. This isn't a in his prime Burrows.

I think 10 yr vets get a cut pretty solid break during preseason...
But a definite step up would be required when the real season begins for him maintain his job security.

Exactly. I just hope guys like Virtanen take note of how hard he's been working. That's the problem I have with him...does he have the same drive or is he just expecting a spot because a) he was a high pick and b) he had a spot last year

They can't be afraid to send Jake down or he'll likely develop complacency issues

Not concerned about it that much... Virtanen seems grounded and seems to understand his position and what he needs to show based on his recent interviews.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Burrows should damn well be playing for a job at this stage. He shouldn't be gifted a spot at all just because he was good for us in the past. This isn't a in his prime Burrows.

What the hell is this moral outrage?

:laugh:

It's the preseason. Take a pill.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Exactly. I just hope guys like Virtanen take note of how hard he's been working. That's the problem I have with him...does he have the same drive or is he just expecting a spot because a) he was a high pick and b) he had a spot last year

They can't be afraid to send Jake down or he'll likely develop complacency issues

And don't forget GET FAT

Eat another cheeseburger Fatty McFatenen

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009

Not in pre-season. No team cuts guys like Burrows in the pre-season. Once the season starts I agree with you. He could very well go out the way Higgins did if he's declined that much but, he's not some 4th line tweener whose been with the team a couple years.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure Dorsett's job is even in jeopardy in pre-season. Now there's a vet who should be playing for his job. I don't think most teams take the pre-season that seriously when it comes to performance of the vets. By vets I mean the guys who have been everyday nhl'ers for years and are basically penciled into the line-up for opening night. Burrows is one of those guys, Dorsett shouldn't be (but probably is on this team).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad