Goalies "Who's next"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Puckhead said:
You really think that the asking price of Sauve or Oullette would be more than Bryzgalov, Toskala, Ward or Leneveu?

Do you even follow hockey? Ouellet is clearly a better prospect than Ward(not by much) and at least equal with Leneveu.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Captain Conservative said:
Do you even follow hockey? Ouellet is clearly a better prospect than Ward(not by much) and at least equal with Leneveu.

And who are you to ask me if I follow hockey....? What did I say that would make you waste a post on a question like that? You yourself said that in your opinion Ouellett is not much better than Ward. I am looking at the teams they play for aswell, because as someone who does follow hockey...that obviously plays a part in how the goalies play. Washington and Carolina have a lot in common, in that they both stink right now, and won't improve much in the coming year.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Puckhead said:
And who are you to ask me if I follow hockey....? What did I say that would make you waste a post on a question like that? You yourself said that in your opinion Ouellett is not much better than Ward. I am looking at the teams they play for aswell, because as someone who does follow hockey...that obviously plays a part in how the goalies play. Washington and Carolina have a lot in common, in that they both stink right now, and won't improve much in the coming year.

Oullette will get about the same amount of playing time behind Kolzig that Ward will get playing behind Gerber next year. Whats your point? I think Ouellet is a better prospect than Ward and I think most experts would agree. My problem with your statement was the insinuation that Ouellet is worth less than Ward. Really though, its no skin off my nose. 90% of fan prospect evaulation is pounding your chest about your own clubs prospects, and i'm probably as guilty of that as anyone around here.

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
Levitate said:
blackburn has a few things working against him...mainly his shoulder injury that seems to be progressing slower than orginally thought (said to be out till december now...missed a year and a half by that point) and the fact that in 2005, he's no longer waiver protected so it's basically NHL or bust for him there.

montoya vs. lundqvist is tricky cuz they're different ages and different styles.

but...lundqvist is a good keeper and one to keep an eye on for sure, great late round pick by the rangers

I believe if they had the choice which goalie to expose, I'm sure they'd protect Weekes and Blackburn. Dunham's too streaky. I believe TO would pick him up.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Captain Conservative said:
Oullette will get about the same amount of playing time behind Kolzig that Ward will get playing behind Gerber next year. Whats your point? I think Ouellet is a better prospect than Ward and I think most experts would agree. My problem with your statement was the insinuation that Ouellet is worth less than Ward. Really though, its no skin off my nose. 90% of fan prospect evaulation is pounding your chest about your own clubs prospects, and i'm probably as guilty of that as anyone around here.

I am curious...Which club are you thinking is my own? Just because I think that Gerber and Ward are very good goaltenders, you assume that my team is Carolina? That couldn't be further from the truth. I am simply stating what I feel about those goalies. I am no fan of the Canes to be sure. I am not a homer who would come on these boards and state that Tellqvist is the next Patrick Roy, I am just a fan of the game who enjoys a good debate, minus the insinuation and name calling. Nor was I trying to downplay Oullet who no doubt will be ready, as Kolzig starts to fade. Good on you for pointing it out to me, but the manner in which you chose to do it was very far off the mark. Cheers.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Two guys that I think could have decent seasons are Garon and Conklin. I'm not entirely sure how well Los Angeles will do next season but I have a feeling Garon will become the number one goaltender pretty quickly. He might not post devestating numbers but I think he'll end up being a pretty good starter. The Oilers just signed Conklin to a new deal and I'm guessing they're envisioning a system where Conklin gets about 42-50 games and Markkanen gets the rest. I think Edmonton will have a good season (IF they acquire a top line centerman) and thus Conklin would likely be a good pick...

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I believe if they had the choice which goalie to expose, I'm sure they'd protect Weekes and Blackburn. Dunham's too streaky. I believe TO would pick him up.

well the problem is more that they wont' be able to send him to hartford anymore...so he'll have to be in the NHL as a backup or starter...and then the problem is has he regained his game enough since his injury to be able to handle that? he's only gonna have a 1/2 year in the AHL at this point to get back up to speed before he's forced into the NHL. if he's a backup, is he gonna get enough games to continue to develop? i'd be surprised if he played well enough to grab the starting spot at this point...and we're not even completely sure what's up with his shoulder and if he'll be totally recovered. i tend to think he will be and i'm pulling for him...but you never know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->