Goalies from 2002 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.T.

Mar 9, 2002
City of Champions
Visit site
The other day I was looking through some box scores from the QMJHL playoffs, and I saw that Deslauriers and Daigneault were playing head to head. The reason that this interests me is that before the draft in 2002 those were my second and third favorite goalies available. Behind Lehtonen of coarse.

The 2002 draft had a weak talent pool, except for netminders. That draft was exceptionaly strong at netminding.

I went through my THN draft guide and found some of the top goaltenders that were drafted. I came up with the big 8, they include in no specific order: Daigneault, Stephan, Leneveu, Toivonen, Harding, Ward, Deslauriers, and Lehtonen.

My idea is to have a poll with some of the other top goaltenders drafted that year, where the top 2 vote getters move on into a competition with the big 8, to make a list of the top ten drafted goalies from the 2002 draft.

Here is the list of the goaltenders that are not in the big eight, but two of them will be bumped up to compete with the big guns: Ford, Kellerman, Goepfert, Gehrson, Pearce, Brust, and Mensator.

Please write down who you think are the top two from the challenger list, and on Saturday March 27th, at noon mountain time I will stop the thread and make a new updated one.

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
O.T. said:
The other day I was looking through some box scores from the QMJHL playoffs, and I saw that Deslauriers and Daigneault were playing head to head. The reason that this interests me is that before the draft in 2002 those were my second and third favorite goalies available. Behind Lehtonen of coarse.

The 2002 draft had a weak talent pool, except for netminders. That draft was exceptionaly strong at netminding.

I went through my THN draft guide and found some of the top goaltenders that were drafted. I came up with the big 8, they include in no specific order: Daigneault, Stephan, Leneveu, Toivonen, Harding, Ward, Deslauriers, and Lehtonen.

My idea is to have a poll with some of the other top goaltenders drafted that year, where the top 2 vote getters move on into a competition with the big 8, to make a list of the top ten drafted goalies from the 2002 draft.

Here is the list of the goaltenders that are not in the big eight, but two of them will be bumped up to compete with the big guns: Ford, Kellerman, Goepfert, Gehrson, Pearce, Brust, and Mensator.

Please write down who you think are the top two from the challenger list, and on Saturday March 27th, at noon mountain time I will stop the thread and make a new updated one.
I don't overly know to much about all of them, but I'd have to say Mensator and Ford would be my two faves from that group.

kyle

Aug 15, 2003
Toronto
Geopfert gets one of the spots obviously.

As for the other, I'm leary to say Gherson only because of this: I was talking to this girl on MSN messenger (she was using my friend's computer) who was bad-mouthing MA Fleury and being very stupid about it. She then proceeded to tell me that he wasn't 1/10 of the goalie that Rob Gherson was and I went to town on how bad he was and how he wasn't even Washington's 1st goalie drafted that year (thought it was a deep goalie draft).. etc. etc. and then I found out this was Rob Gherson's girlfriend (she goes to U. of Ottawa with my friend who I was initially talking to). I sort of felt bad but she was being really stupid (threatening to come to my house 6 hours away and kill me). Ever since then, I haven't been a big Rob Gherson fan.

O.T.

Mar 9, 2002
City of Champions
Visit site
Daniel_Tkaczuk said:
1. Lehtonen
2. Delauriers
3. Toivonen
4. LeNeveu
5. Goepfert
6. Harding
7. Ford
8. Daigneault
9. Stephan

I haven't seen the others...

So your vote is Goepfert and Ford. I loved what Goepfert did in the WJC a couple years ago against Canada. But I hav'nt seen much of Ford, has he been doing well?

O.T.

Mar 9, 2002
City of Champions
Visit site
kyle said:
Geopfert gets one of the spots obviously.

As for the other, I'm leary to say Gherson only because of this: I was talking to this girl on MSN messenger (she was using my friend's computer) who was bad-mouthing MA Fleury and being very stupid about it. She then proceeded to tell me that he wasn't 1/10 of the goalie that Rob Gherson was and I went to town on how bad he was and how he wasn't even Washington's 1st goalie drafted that year (thought it was a deep goalie draft).. etc. etc. and then I found out this was Rob Gherson's girlfriend (she goes to U. of Ottawa with my friend who I was initially talking to). I sort of felt bad but she was being really stupid (threatening to come to my house 6 hours away and kill me). Ever since then, I haven't been a big Rob Gherson fan.

So does that mean that you pick Gherson to go into the top 10 along with Geopfert? Gherson's girlfriend sounds pretty crazy from what you said. Funny story though. :joker:

kyle

Aug 15, 2003
Toronto
O.T. said:
So does that mean that you pick Gherson to go into the top 10 along with Geopfert? Gherson's girlfriend sounds pretty crazy from what you said. Funny story though. :joker:
Yeah, he gets the #10 spot because I feel sorry for him.. She was whacked out!! I'm supposed to go and visit my buddy in Ottawa but I'm afraid she'll try to kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->