Goalienut's Prospect Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinsyear

Dec 2, 2003
Mass
Well unfortunately it doesn't look like we will make much of a dent tonight. Im heading out to the bar. Please disregard any picks that I make after 2 am for I may not be thinking clearly...kiddin.

a8thegreat

Dec 23, 2004
come on already. sorry just really impatient I have been looking forward to this all day.

Chuck Schwartz

Dec 11, 2004
Wisconsin
www.buckyhockey.com
Sorry fellas, I worked until 5 central time. And never returned home. Figured I wouldnt get the #1 pick but o well. None the less...

The Minnesota Wild are pleased to select with the first selection in Goalie Nut's Prospect draft, Sidney Crosby.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
Primetime955 said:
The Minnesota Wild are pleased to select with the first selection in Goalie Nut's Prospect draft, Sidney Crosby.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I was going to pick him in the 19th round, with the 304th pick. I'm willing to trade my 18th round selection for him. ;)

Bruinsyear

Dec 2, 2003
Mass
goalienut said:
Again, he replied to the conformation e-mail and I e-mailed him again 2 hours ago.

I'll never under stand why people sign up for drafts and don't show up? I know it takes a little commitment but you know this ahead of time when you sign up.

Chuck Schwartz

Dec 11, 2004
Wisconsin
www.buckyhockey.com
Bruinsyear said:
I'll never under stand why people sign up for drafts and don't show up? I know it takes a little commitment but you know this ahead of time when you sign up.

Because if you have a 12 hour time period to pick, and your busy, your priorities probably arent going to be the Mock Draft.

Bruinsyear

Dec 2, 2003
Mass
Primetime955 said:
Because if you have a 12 hour time period to pick, and your busy, your priorities probably arent going to be the Mock Draft.

Well when you are PMed by the guy running the draft saying it starts at 6 pm and no one shows up during the first weekend of the draft thats alittle crazy.

fischer8

Jul 9, 2004
You took the guy I wanted...but after much thought, with the 4th pick I'll take Evgeni Malkin.

fischer8

Jul 9, 2004
goalienut said:
Interesting that you passed on Phaneuf

To be honest, he wasn't in consideration much for me. I really wanted Lehtonen to get a possible franchise goalie, but he was taken the pick before. Looking at available prospects, it seems like defensive prospects are in great supply. Yes, some of them aren't as great as Phaneuf, but there are some good ones out there for later rounds.

I took Malkin because I was concerned about the Center position. It seems like there aren't as many first-line centers out there. There are some good centers, but all the stuff that I've seen about them have alot of them being pegged as 2nd liners. So I wanted to grab a top line center with my pick, before they were gone.

And I PMed hedberg16 after I made my pick.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Yea at the expence of two guys i was hopping would fall to my pick, lethonen and phaneuf :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad