goalie with the best glove hand of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBear*

Coming up with the "most highlight reel" glove saves - though some would make them look exaggerated. Ex. Roys statue of liberty haha.

Possibilities.

Vernon
CuJo
Broduer
Hasek
Belfour
Roy
Kirk Maclean (sp?)
Potvin
Richter
VanBeisbrouck

Kipper has one of the best glove hands today, though hes not all time fav.

I say Roy. :biglaugh:

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Fuhr was the first one to come to mind. Others that I can think of are Ranford, Cujo, Terreri, Froese, Vachon(although awkward) and Sevigney.....

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
I recall Beezer having an amazing glove hand. However, I don't think he sustained it long enough to be considered the best ever. I only think he played at a real elite level for a few seasons. Therefore, gotta go with Patrick.

grego

Jan 12, 2005
Saskatchewan
Grant Fuhr

He was the best with that hand. Player avoided shooting to his glove hand side because the chances of beating him on the glove hand side were so low.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Broduer, Roy are pretty close I would say.

Some older surprise names...Ranford, McLean both had very good gloves.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
PapaBear said:
Coming up with the "most highlight reel" glove saves - though some would make them look exaggerated. Ex. Roys statue of liberty haha.

Possibilities.

Vernon
CuJo
Broduer
Hasek
Belfour
Roy
Kirk Maclean (sp?)
Potvin
Richter
VanBeisbrouck

I say Roy. :biglaugh:[/QUOTE Grant Fuhr without a doubt in my mind. Even when he finished his career he had a lightning g;ove hand.

Ogopogo*

PapaBear said:

Possibilities.

Vernon
CuJo
Broduer
Hasek
Belfour
Roy
Kirk Maclean (sp?)
Potvin
Richter
VanBeisbrouck

I say Roy. :biglaugh:

First, there is no answer to this question unless a person is 120 years old and has seen every NHL goaltender play.

As far as goalies I have seen, it is definitely Fuhr. The man had amazing reflexes. Steve Yzerman was interviewed in 1992 and he said "Fuhr is definitely the best goalie I have ever faced"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->