Status
Not open for further replies.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
go kim johnsson 514 said:
seems like a bad year for goalies...

Goalies always seem to rise/fall alot but some rise to the top near the draft. Look at Levasseur. Supposed #1 round pick dropped way down. Pavelec rose. What the Caps need is a prospect to pin hopes on, like a Rask. It masy not be a good idea in the new NHL to draft a goalie because they take so long to develop. Not sure really what we should do.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
golleafsgo_17 said:
hockeydb says that Leland Irving is born in November 4th 1988, wouldn't that make him too young to get drafted this year? :dunno:
No, he's eligible. Hockeydb always gets birthdates wrong.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Larkin said:
What? How old is he? Can you trade youngsters in Canada? Thats crazy... you move at age of 17 out of your hometown because you were traded?
The WHL ,OHL, or QMJHL teams they are on are not in their hometowns.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Larkin said:
What? How old is he? Can you trade youngsters in Canada? Thats crazy... you move at age of 17 out of your hometown because you were traded?

These kids get drafted at ages 15-17, age 14 in the WHL. So sometimes their home town picks them but in the bulk of the cases they arent drafted by their home town team.

They move away at young ages and they can be traded. Kind of rough for kids aged 16 andf 17 to have move to a different team but thats the way it is.

I know in Europe the players play together on the club teams (hometown) from Novice all the way to Pro. So the kids play on the same club team every year and move up with the same players as their development goes on.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
Jon Prescription said:
Sauer is better than both, IMO.

Really?! I know I only saw 1 game of his... but he didn't even seem in the same league as Rask or Price.

He has .908 Save% and a 2.82 GAA through 15 games with Michigan (the stats I could find)... decent stats but not even in the Top 20 in the NCAA. Call me crazy, but I think you need to put up a little bit better stats for a super-power team in order to be considered a top level prospect.

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
golleafsgo_17 said:
hockeydb says that Leland Irving is born in November 4th 1988, wouldn't that make him too young to get drafted this year? :dunno:

I've been following him for a while and noticed the same thing. I always thought he was available in this draft so I looked into it and found on Everett's official site that he was born on April 11th, 1988, not November 4th.

Someone messed up 4/11/88 (April 11th) and 11/4/88 (November 4th), I guess.

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
Mackattack said:
Really?! I know I only saw 1 game of his... but he didn't even seem in the same league as Rask or Price.

He has .908 Save% and a 2.82 GAA through 15 games with Michigan (the stats I could find)... decent stats but not even in the Top 20 in the NCAA. Call me crazy, but I think you need to put up a little bit better stats for a super-power team in order to be considered a top level prospect.

You really need to be careful when using save % as a stat. You also have to look at the style of the team.

Michigan is a highly skilled team that places more up tempo than most teams and that is reflected in them being #2 in scoring. Because they play that style and not a defensive trapping style, many of the shots against are 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 chances when a team counter attacks and a d-man or forward is caught in deep. Add in this team has a ton of freshman that are learning and you get more breakdowns. Also a higher % of the shots are on the penalty kill. So, when alot of your shots against are on odd man rushes or the pk, your save % will be lower than if you played for a trapping team. One stat to back this: 25 of the 57 goals Michigan has given up have been when one team has had the pp. That means only 32 goals even strength and I bet the majority of those were on odd man rushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad