Confirmed with Link: Goalie Patrik Rybar signed to 1 year deal

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
He's only played on the big ice so (I am guessing) he may need time in GRG or Toledo

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
I used to be his team mate. He is really good, but not that good, im not sure how it is going in NA, but u can put two more people to his equipment. He is using much bigger than what his size is, especially pants.

But still wish him good luck in NA.

Reactions: BSHH

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Reactions: ShelbyZ

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I hope it just beginning. Instead overpriced Mrazek we got 24 year old with good save stats goley with experience. Couple more like this and trade away some regulars for draft picks. We can rebuild this way much faster

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
When I saw we signed a goalie who played in the World Championships I was hoping it was going to be the Swiss goalie Leonardo Genoni..

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Sorry Detroit fans. Red Wings is not any more a franchise, that was in 90s. That was the main target of every star player. You must take, what is it free.

Time to learn better our history. At 90-s we had pretty much an home-grown, drafted and developed + trade-impacted roster. Trades like Shanny were possible thanks to good drafted pieces (like Primeau)

Major UFAs started walking in 2001 at earliest.

Reactions: opivy and Faterson

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Will he see some NHL action this season?

27 games in AHL with 91,44 % its not all-star level. Other side, it is not bad. In 11 games he was voted as one of the 3-stars.
He has a contract only for this season. So i think, if the Red Wings will sign him again, they should give him a chance on the top level.

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
.891 save percentage is very bad in today's lower scoring game.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Will he see some NHL action this season?

27 games in AHL with 891,44 % its not all-star level. Other side, it is not bad. In 11 games he was voted as one of the 3-stars.
He has a contract only for this season. So i think, if the Red Wings will sign him again, they should give him a chance on the top level.

Where did you find those numbers? All sources I can find say 91,5% saves and 2,35 GAA...which is solid...especially compared with Sateri.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Where did you find those numbers? All sources I can find say 91,5% saves and 2,35 GAA...which is solid...especially compared with Sateri.

Yeah, I just checked theAHL.com and the numbers you posted are his numbers. Not sure where the .891 comes from, I just posted on it, assuming he knew what he was talking about, but I guess that is not the case. In that case, I can see the Wings resigning him, if he is staying in the North America.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yeah, I just checked theAHL.com and the numbers you posted are his numbers. Not sure where the .891 comes from, I just posted on it, assuming he knew what he was talking about, but I guess that is not the case. In that case, I can see the Wings resigning him, if he is staying in the North America.

I don't watch a lot of AHL but I heard/read only good things about Rybar. Sateri is most likely a goner so I'd expect Rybar to stay. Not sure who the other guy's gonna be. van Pottelberghe would be ready but not sure if the Redwings are willing to give him a shot after the injury he sustained. Also still no details about the extent or nature of the injury so a lot of question marks there.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
.891 save percentage is very bad in today's lower scoring game.

Sorry, it was a typo, 91,47 % to be exactly.

Reactions: Oddbob

Lovonov

Jun 7, 2018
Wouldn't be surprised to see Larsson signed and plopped into a backup position in GR. Fulcher hasn't impressed so its my understanding he'll stay in Toledo for at least one more season. Gives Rybar the starter role next year, Larsson with some reps, and Fulcher with more time. Rybar looks good though, he'll get some games next year... ESPECIALLY if Howard doesn't resign.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Sorry Detroit fans. Red Wings is not any more a franchise, that was in 90s. That was the main target of every star player. You must take, what is it free.

When were the Wings EVER the target of every star player?

The Wings landed guys like Larionov, Hasek, Chelios, Schneider, Shanahan, etc. through trades.

They got CuJo because they gave him mass quantities of money for a goaltender

Hull and Robitaille were greybeards at that point who the Wings gave big dollars to to play smaller roles.

They got two guys, maybe, because they were the big shots. Hossa and Rafalski (if you want to go that way on it, Rafalski was also a Dearborn product)

People wildly overstated the Wings "Yankee ways" in terms of just buying up the biggest talent. Just like they kind of overstated the Yankee way. They spent big to retain their own. That's the biggest thing Detroit did in hockey. They'd deal for a guy like Chelios and then convince him to stay long term.

There was many a time in the early 2000s (Bobby Holik, for example) where Detroit wanted a guy bad and he didn't come here.

Reactions: Winger98

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015

The Wings landed guys like Larionov, Hasek, Chelios, Schneider, Shanahan, etc. through trades.

Hull and Robitaille were greybeards at that point who the Wings gave big dollars to to play smaller roles.

They got two guys, maybe, because they were the big shots. Hossa and Rafalski (if you want to go that way on it, Rafalski was also a Dearborn product)

People wildly overstated the Wings "Yankee ways" in terms of just buying up the biggest talent. Just like they kind of overstated the Yankee way. They spent big to retain their own. That's the biggest thing Detroit did in hockey. They'd deal for a guy like Chelios and then convince him to stay long term.

There was many a time in the early 2000s (Bobby Holik, for example) where Detroit wanted a guy bad and he didn't come here.

Actually, IIRC, Hull took a good bit less money to sign with the Wings than what was being offered from the Habs and the actual Yankees of the NHL, the Rangers... A bunch of higher paid Wings actually renegotiated their contracts so Hull could fit whatever the teams budget was as well.

Otherwise the rest of the post is spot on.

marcmadsen

Sep 29, 2016

I don't disagree with what you're saying. But if we are being fair, there were more than just two guys that signed in Detroit (i.e. Hatcher, Krupp) for big money who had a lot of cache (at the time). But overall, I agree with the point you're making

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad