Goalies: Goalie Pads

yekimp

Mar 6, 2018
I recently purchased a new set of pads. I went from an older Vaughn Velocity 7400 34+1 to the CCM E3.9 34+1 pad. I tried them on at the store with skates, knee guards and pants - fit was perfect. Got on the ice and noticed my knee is more or less on the bottom end of the knee landing which is different than in the store where my knee was in the middle of the landing.

I was just curious where you guys find your knee is striking in the landing? Below is a picture of where my knee lands. Thanks in advance for your discussion. Cheers

Attachments

• DSC_9829.jpg
    DSC_9829.jpg
    807.9 KB · Views: 13

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Lol I've never thought about it. The fact I went and checked if my old Reeboks even had a landing should be a clue :laugh:

goalie29

Oct 17, 2010
Canada
Where your knee lands depends on how you tighten the straps and the toe ties, so maybe you had them differently in the store? Try playing with the set up until you like how they fit. As long as your knee is on the landing, it's fine, doesn't matter if it's not dead centre. I have older Brian's Zero G pads, and sometimes when I'm scrambling I pull off the landing all together. Which was fun times before I started wearing knee pads!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad