News: Goalies Alexei Kolosov and Ivan Fedotov leave KHL to continue careers in Philadelphia

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Is he the one who got conscripted in the Russian military and posted to the ass end of nowhere?

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
News broke as beat reporters were interviewing Briere this morning, he said 'No Comment'. However likely being extra cautious until he's actually landed.
I just picked him up, not risking it. My league is a bunch of goalie savages.

• Haha
Reactions: Rebels57

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I would like to know why Fedotov was suddenly cut from his team? Has he done poorly? Was there a scandal involved? The Flyers don't need another goaltender with a legal problem hanging over him. Also, if Kosolov and Fedotov are both allowed to come to play in the U.S., who will play in LV, and who will be in the NHL?

Reactions: dukeofjive

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I would like to know why Fedotov was suddenly cut from his team? Has he done poorly? Was there a scandal involved? The Flyers don't need another goaltender with a legal problem hanging over him. Also, if Kosolov and Fedotov are both allowed to come to play in the U.S., who will play in LV, and who will be in the NHL?

According to old Boris Mikhailov (on CSKA's advisory board), Fedotov's 2 year KHL contract had an out-clause after year 1 in the event he wanted to try the NHL.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
kolosov is very athletic and has nhl potential. i'd like to see the flyers sign Stolarz this off-season to back-up Ersson
Nope. He's undersized and going by his career KHL numbers his best case scenario is Martin Prusek, and worst case scenario is Pekka Tuokkola. Who? Exactly.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Ivan has a presser with Briere today at 10:45 so things are moving quickly. I would guess he will be back up this weekend? Maybe start soon. Ersson has been great but is burned out.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Ivan has a presser with Briere today at 10:45 so things are moving quickly. I would guess he will be back up this weekend? Maybe start soon. Ersson has been great but is burned out.
I wonder if they didn't get a backup bc they knew these guys were coming soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKingPin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad