Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 4-2 (Garland, Lindholm) | Oh, no…anyway!

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Demko probably prefers another game.
QH I imagine it has to do with tje norris
Doesn't really make sense tbh. He will win the Norris even if Makar has a 5 point game to end the season or something. He might've just insisted to Tocchet he wants to play this one.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
maybe he just loves going to Winnipeg.
Then he hasn't lived there. I spent 3 years and it felt like a decade. But I still cheer for them as my second team. The people were nice.

Where my office was, we complained that the lane was in poor shape. Some one from the city came and looked, and said "yes, we will put it on the list to repair". Asked when we could expect them out to fix it, the comment was along the lines of with out present annual budget and list of streets needing repair, we estimate 40 Years.

Reactions: Lindgren

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Then he hasn't lived there. I spent 3 years and it felt like a decade. But I still cheer for them as my second team. The people were nice.

Where my office was, we complained that the lane was in poor shape. Some one from the city came and looked, and said "yes, we will put it on the list to repair". Asked when we could expect them out to fix it, the comment was along the lines of with out present annual budget and list of streets needing repair, we estimate 40 Years.
yah i was joking lol

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Demko probably prefers another game.
QH I imagine it has to do with tje norris
Probably, just not sure any number one goalies have played their teams final meaningless game or its worth the risk.

But yeah who knows, good chance they bothwant to play.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Winnipeg has 2 seasons, winter season and construction season.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Honestly it feels weird not being excited for the draft lottery. Thank god though because it's always disappointing.

Literally never one single f***ing time did we win anything. Staying in the same spot was a win by the end of it. We got supremely f***ed during our basement years because of the goddamn Oilers.

Meanwhile you had teams like Philly winning spots at 13th overall.

Reactions: VanCanucks53

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Would be nice to get the win tonight so we finish 2nd in the conference. But No. 1 is no injuries.
Might also be worth a look at a Hughes/Juulsen pairing.

I'll also add that it's great to see the the Nucks and the Jets sitting where they are right now, given the low expectations for both teams last fall.

Reactions: Puckatron 3000

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Doesn't really make sense tbh. He will win the Norris even if Makar has a 5 point game to end the season or something. He might've just insisted to Tocchet he wants to play this one.

Or might be that Cole and Hronek needed the day off more, and we don't have the bodies or cap space to give anyone else the game off.

What I don't understand is bringing everyone to WPG for this game. Don't think we need an extra airplane ride to build team comradery. Doubt they're doing a big team outing after the game. Just leave the guys at home, let them hit the gym or see the trainers, etc.

Either way, so pumped for this game. Going to be a fine example of ice hockey of the highest quality. Probably should beam this game into outer space to attract alien visitors.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Or might be that Cole and Hronek needed the day off more, and we don't have the bodies or cap space to give anyone else the game off.

What I don't understand is bringing everyone to WPG for this game. Don't think we need an extra airplane ride to build team comradery. Doubt they're doing a big team outing after the game. Just leave the guys at home, let them hit the gym or see the trainers, etc.

Either way, so pumped for this game. Going to be a fine example of ice hockey of the highest quality. Probably should beam this game into outer space to attract alien visitors.
Nash finished their season on Monday. So, any rest your best players can get the better. Never know how long any series will last, so get your rest when you can. Amazing, that the Canucks are among the league leaders in games played all year, yet finish on the last day of the season with 11 other clubs. Sigh... Plus, they do so with a 1 off game that requires a 3 hour flight.

Reactions: alternate

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
So I finally get to see the pairing I've been curious about for months: Hughes with Juulsen. And given the nature of the game, what we see will tell us nothing.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Jets fan here. I just want to wish you folks luck in the playoffs (lived in Van for a short stint in '01-'02, beautiful city). This has to be the least intense battle for best team in Canada, or 2nd in the west. You tell your guys to go easy on my guys, and I'll do the same - no injuries please.

Good luck to you guys as well. Hope you can manage to topple the Avs!

Reactions: DFAC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad