Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 4-2 (Garland, Lindholm) | Oh, no…anyway!

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Hope the Stars clinch 1st in the West tonight in case we fluke our way into a win, definitely need to dodge Knights/Kings matchup.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I selfishly want Hughes to get a few points to win the defensive scoring title and essentially lock in the Norris. That f***er in Colorado will put up 4 points in his last game without a doubt.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
When are we going to talk about the travesty that saw JT win "most-exciting player" award over Huggy thus dividing the room?

I saw Hughes sitting in a dark corner muttering something about "his precious" or something... His dark and hollow eyes reminded me of something but I can't quite place it...

Jets fan here - sounds like we are resting guys. All 5 scratches will be in, and may be some callups tonight after the moose game per bones.
I declare the next game "Truce Cup" and suggest all the players wear no contact sweaters.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Canucks can rest 4 players since Di Giuseppe, Aman, Juulsen, and Friedman have been frequent healthy scratches.

Im guessing those 4 in and Miller, Brock, Hughes and Cole out??

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Win out the conference, home ice thru out the conference and the cup (except if Rags make it)

Reactions: DFAC

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I think Boeser is a lock - I would guess Lindholm or Petey for the second F.

On defense, I think Cole would sit. Hughes should, but whether he permits that is a different story. :laugh:

Yeah fair - I guess Tocchet could also run 11F and 7D and give some bottom 6 guys some more ice time. We'll have to see

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Hopefully our limp wrist leader gets some much needed rest before he flips THE SWITCH.

Headed to the game. Should be fun

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Im guessing those 4 in and Miller, Brock, Hughes and Cole out??
I'm just interested in whether the regulars who are not going to play actually board the plane or not. Personally, I'd leave them in Van. Will see what gets reported this afternoon when they are due to fly out.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It'd be funny if the one player Tochett is referencing is someone completely inconsequential.

Guys we're leaving Mark Friedman in Vancouver.
kind of disappointed that we are bringing the whole team.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Agreed.....Canucks would be crazy not to rest guys and dress all 'their black aces' for this game. Worst thing that could happen would be to lose an impact player in a 'mean nothing game'.

The big question is whether they give Demko another game. Unfortunately it could be a busy night for the Canuck goalies......but Demko probably needs the work.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Agreed.....Canucks would be crazy not to rest guys and dress all 'their black aces' for this game. Worst thing that could happen would be to lose an impact player in a 'mean nothing game'.

The big question is whether they give Demko another game. Unfortunately it could be a busy night for the Canuck goalies......but Demko probably needs the work.

Who do we have to insert? Friedman and Bains? Good idea but I don't think there are really "black aces" until the playoffs starts and the cap limits are lifted.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Who do we have to insert? Friedman and Bains? Good idea but I don't think there are really "black aces" until the playoffs starts and the cap limits are lifted.
Whomever they can afford to fit under the cap they should use and keep guys from playing.

Especially since it seems like the jets are not going all out for this game either. They've boarded the plane by now so, see if we do find out if/any players were left behind in Van. I'm hoping they left their big guns here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad