Post-Game Talk: [GM55] Canucks lose to Rangers | 6-4 | Lazar, Miller, Garland, & Kuzmenko

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I was shocked on that 2nd NYR goal. My coaches would always call me out if I always tried to take away the passing lane, but in my opinion A right Handed Panarin wide open in the left slot is the most dangerous option during that defensive zone turnover. I would have rather let Zebinajad go right towards the net then try and block the pass in the last split second.

I just think Bear isn't great at reading plays in the defensive zone based on what we've seen so far and teams with good scouting are exploiting it. He's not the only one with issues so I'm sure there's a coaching/structure/trust element to it as well.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Silovs looked raw as hell, which he is. Positioning was very off and looked small. Send him down and let him cook for 2+ years.

Great kid. Only 21.

I thought he was lucky to only give up 5. Rangers didn't register a shot on goal for like 10 minutes in the 3rd (I'm exaggerrating but it was a long time). Mostly behind the play, blocking when he should be reacting. Again showed some good push on lateral shots and I like his freelancing form but he often did those things where a more refined goalie wouldn't have to in the first place. And also the Rangers didn't get shots on net in those situations.

the injuries really suck for Abbotsford
Honestly I think they'll be fine. Not having Wolanin is a blow but if Rathbone/Woo can fill in they'll be ok. I think the structure of the team is pretty solid. Like Arseneau was basically invisible compared to other games but they still dominated possession. Should also get everyone back for the playoffs.

Reactions: sting101

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
The PK% is still the most baffling thing about this team. Like no modern team should challenge that record. Any GM and coaching staff, should be hard pressed, to intentionally accomplish such a feat.

Players brought in, specifically to PK, have actually made last years 32nd ranked PK worse. As if there's a dark force at play.

It's not even really about team defense, it's a completely isolated, dumbed down task, that is more or less interchangeable around the league. It's like a kickoff team in football, how the hell, can you not have at least within arms reach of average numbers?
IMO a lot of "fake effort" was encouraged in the last years under all of Green's tenure and the latter half of Boudreau (who to be fair is not that kind of coach).

Like looking at the way individual skaters play defence (or fail to do so) at this moment just cements to me that Green let them "try hard" but in reality they were just ingraining bad habits.

Demko/Marky bailed out a lot of those bad PK's but with Demko sucking this year that didn't happen. Even last year he played at the top of the league overall but had his worst results on the PK. I think that was the start of it all catching up to them.

Add in the fact that Myers/OEL basically can't play the PK and that's what has done it. And it isn't in Hughes' game right now. SO that means half your d-corps can't PK.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Only one person to blame, GILLIS!!!!!! Right, 11 years ago he didn't draft very well in the 30th draft pick!!!!
NO, it is Benning who constructed this Frankenstein.

Just another game, some players are still looking pretty good as trade assets maybe even enhancing their value. Schenn isn't though. He definately looks off. The family and such with a possible trade coming. If I was in charge would try to make sure that his family could go to Kelowna and select a team very close, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg al fly directly to Kelowna, Seattle.
And next year give him a 3 or 4 year deal front loaded with a bonus and a clause.

The Flyers next, it ought to be interesting listening to Torts and Torts 2.0

Umm... we were talking about the PK and how no modern team should be challenging the record for PK mediocrity. We also changed up the personnel.

I suppose that Mikhayev and Lazar weren't healthy but these were two guys that factored into their previous team's PK and were suppose to help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad