GM Ron Hextall

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah wouldn't go that far. Gostisbehere made MacDonald and Manning look good. He's a great player. Hagg has been fine, but I need to see more. Saw some things last night that reminded me why I don't think he'll be a legit top 4 guy. We'll see how he's holding up in a couple months when his PDO regresses to a normal level.

Reactions: kelmitchell

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
We really do have some nice contracts on this team.

Couts at 4.3
Ghost at 4.5
Gudas at 3.35

Those are some gems.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
We really do have some nice contracts on this team.

Couts at 4.3
Ghost at 4.5
Gudas at 3.35

Those are some gems.

Simmonds contract is pretty incredible too. Also have some boat anchors MacDonald, Flippula, Lethera, Read (fortunately two of them are gone this year). Shows how important it is to be cap conscious with every decision.

backburner

May 6, 2011
NJ, USA
5 games 1 goal for Read in the ahl. What happened to him I will never know.

I wouldn't mind another year or two for Flipp.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Read is pretty normal, most players don't make it past age 30, but you don't remember most players, so you frame your expectations around top players who manage to stay healthy.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Of course he is, or he'd be in LHV.

There's a lot of reasons to bench young players for short periods, they're taking games off, they're making the same mistakes over and over, they're freelancing and not playing within the system. You don't think Hextall doesn't know what's going on when those decisions are made?

I think with Sanheim, they looked at the film, he looked a bit overwhelmed, they sat him for a couple games, probably sat down with him and went over what he was doing wrong, and he'll go back into the lineup.

I thought Gordon's comments on Myers were telling about him having a much steeper learning curve than Sanheim. Anyone who's taught for a living knows you have a spectrum of talents in a class room, and I'm sure it's the same in athletics - some guys just get "it," like Provorov, others take a while to translate what they're taught in the film room to the ice or field. Sanheim may just be a slower learner.

It's the same in every sport, Peyton Manning had it down cold in his second season, Eli took 8 years to figure it out.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
...or they decided they didn't want to expose him to the Capitals lineup this early in this season for the same reason they chose not to play him against San Jose. The perfect storm happened- they played a backup goalie, Washington was playing the 2nd game of a back-to-back without arguably their best defenseman, and the Flyers win 8-2. Hakstol isn't changing the lineup after a game like that.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->