Jeff Skinner - Jordan Staal - Andrei Svechnikov
Oliver Bjorkstrand - Victor Rask - Justin Williams
Brock McGinn - Valentin Zykov - Jordan Martinook

Jacob Slavin - Brett Pesce
Noah Hanifin - Justin Faulk
Haydn Fluery - Trevor Van Riemsdyk

Cam Ward
Scott Darling

Overall, we had mixed feelings about this offseason. We managed to trade for Oliver Bjorkstrand and draft Andrei Svechnikov, giving us what looks like one of the deepest top 9's in the nhl. However, we failed to do what we set out for, which was acquire a starting goalie and a top 6 centre. We tried but failed to sign UFA 's John Tavares and Paul Stastny. We hope that Martin Necas will exceed expectations centering Teravainen and Aho, and that Darling will bounce back and Ward will step up when necessary. We believe that we will be a legitimate playoff contender, and we look forward to playing next season.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
GM Game 3 spoiler

:habs

Max Pacioretty will be our main asset in play before the draft. I will state it already, he will not come cheap. He had a difficult season last year but he prove in his whole career so far that it was an exception. We are not asking for an overpayment, we are asking for a fair return for a proven top line LW in his prime. If he isn't traded in the offseason, we are fairly confident that we can get at least a 2019 1st and a solid prospect back for him as a rental at the next trade deadline. If you want him now, the offer has to be more substantial.

Alex Galchenyuk could be available but only in a hockey trade.

I will listen to offers for the 3rd overall pick but only if a young high potential top line center or top pairing LHD is coming back in the trade.

I was about to list Brendan Gallagher as un untouchable but considering our needs down the middle, I am willing to consider a trade for a young proven top 6 center. If Gallagher is traded, the 3rd overall will be off the market.

Also on the trade block :
F Paul Byron
F Andrew Shaw
F Michael McCarron
D Karl Alzner
D David Schlemko
D Jordie Benn
G Charlie Lindgren

Close to untouchable :
Carey Price
Shea Weber
Jonathan Drouin

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Double Game 3 Spoiler

:canes

Our main goals are to upgrade our top 6 centers and our goalies. Everyone is available for the right price but for some the right price is high (Aho). We are willing to trade some of our D but only to meet the needs of our team. They will not be moved for futures but only in a hockey trade. 2nd overall could be moved if it really helps our needs.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
:edmonton

Game 3 spoilers from GM AslanRH

There is only 1 true untouchable of course and Larson, Klefbom, Puljujarvi, Nurse, and many top prospects (feel free to read as “cheap”) are likely not moving.

Looking for ways to effectively reallocate or reduce some salaries.

Everyone knows our needs, but don’t think we are desperate. Our fan base will love and defend us no matter how long we aren’t any good.

Last edited:

OB5

May 2, 2015
:pensGame 3 spoilers

In an unprescendented move, the Pittsburgh Penguins are blowing it up. That’s right. They feel they have peaked and are going to start from scratch. Everyone is available, that’s right...everyone.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Game 3 spoiler

:isles

With the Islanders likely losing Tavares the Islanders are now open to moving (almost) everyone for a full blown fire sale.

Tavares and De Hann’s rights to the team with the best offer;

Eberle and Lee both top line wingers with one year left on their contracts;

Open to taking cap dumps, the longer the term the more the it’ll cost however;

Would like to move up as high as possible in this draft;

Mostly just interested in keeping Barzal, Bailey, and Leddy, but no one is untouchable for the right deal.

Last edited:

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
:coyotes

We'll be making some tweaks to the team this time around. We played very well the second half of last year going 20-14-7. Our goalie, Antii Raanta, was one of the top tenders in the league, going 21-17-6 with a 2.24 GAA and .930 save percentage.

Our problem the last few years has been scoring. We'll be looking to add a couple of veteran scoring wingers and improve our prospect depth on defense.

We hope to be active on the trade front and will listen to all proposals that come our way. That includes dropping down in the 1st round by moving the #5 overall pick.

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON
:wings

Looking to rebuild and also move on from Nyquist and Athanasiou. Would love to add a top 6 centre and top 4 D but could look to free agency to fill those needs. In terms of trade, we're looking for picks and prospects in exchange for anyone not named Larkin. Mantha could potentially go, but don't get your hopes up. Also interestee in moving down from #6, but we are also content making th3 pick.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
:nucks
Ownership is angry at missing 1st round playoff revenue 3 years in a row. As a result they have demanded futures to win now. That's right, the Canucks are selling pieces to upgrade our top 6 and top 4.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
:flyers

Looking for Top forwards and defenseman. Everyone is available.

Or conversely I could be convinced to sell off pieces.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:flames

Biggest need is a top 6 RW.

Will listen to offers on Dougie Hamilton but will be hard to move him. Same goes for Sam Bennett.

TJ Brodie/Travis Hamonic could be moved.

OB5

May 2, 2015
:pensGame 3 spoilers

In an unprescendented move, the Pittsburgh Penguins are blowing it up. That’s right. They feel they have peaked and are going to start from scratch. Everyone is available, that’s right...everyone.

BREAKING: I have been informed by ownership that this is not happening. The Penguins will continue to milk Crosby and Malkin until they retire, there will be no moves coming. Ownership may be considering a change in management due to the notion that their GM would even consider something like this.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
:sabres will discuss everyone not named Jack Eichel, Casey Middlestadt and Rasmus Dahlin

But if you're looking for ROR, bring your best offers because hes going to take a lot to move.

But guys like Girgensons, McCabe, Beaulieu, Lehner are all available to teams looking for depth in an effort to change the look of the team

OB5

May 2, 2015
Back to this game for a second:

:sharks
The Sharks loved their off-season. they got a chance to play with the big fish, and though they were unable to land him they were able to sign better player in both hockey skill and looks in Paul Stastny. Paul will be able to slot in at 2 or 3 C as needed and will be a vital part of the franchise for years to come as we prepare for Joe Thornton's retirement.

What we really loved about off-season was our improvement on defense. Bringing in Jeff Petry and Jake Gardiner makes our top 4 lethal and our top 6 one of the best in the NHL.

:bruins
Evander Kane!

We needed to bring in a big winger to replace Rick Nash and we did just that. After we saw that Kane was unsatisfied with his offers we stepped up and make the pitch. We love what Kane brings and him and Marchand will be a force.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:bolts

J.T. Miller - Steven Stamkos (C) - Nikita Kucherov
Ondrej Palat (A) - Brayden Point - Tyler Johnson
Alex Killorn - Anthony Cirelli - Yanni Gourde
Adam Erne - Cedric Paquette - Ryan Callahan (A)

Victor Hedman - Anton Stralman
Ryan McDonagh - Mike Green
Mikhail Sergachev - Dan Girardi

Andrei Vasilevskiy
Louis Domingue

Happy to add Green to an already stacked lineup, and retain all our RFAs. Conacher, Stephens, Raddysh, Katchouk, Joseph, Koekkoek, Dotchin, Budaj will all get looks in camp, so lots of internal competition.

:kings

Josh Bailey - Anze Kopitar (C) - Dustin Brown
Tanner Pearson - Jeff Carter (A) - Tyler Toffoli
Alex Iaffalo - Adrian Kempe - Tobias Rieder
Nate Thompson - Trevor Lewis - Joel Ward

Derek Forbort - Drew Doughty (A)
Dion Phaneuf - Alec Martinez
Jack Johnson - Paul LaDue

Jonathan Quick
Jack Campbell

Feel as though we did a solid job of committing to a competitive re-tool for next season. Josh brings a lot of skill and high-end playmaking abilities to the top 6, something that will hopefully allow us to put up a few more goals. Losing Muzzin will hurt, but given our defensive depth, we felt comfortable trading from a position of strength. JJ will help bring some offense to the table from the back end as well, and Wardo will be a physical presence in the bottom 6. Excited to have 2 potentially elite young players developing up front in Kotkaniemi and Vilardi. Both will get looks in camp, but likely need some more time.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:panthers

Looking to move James Reimer, Jamie McGinn, Colton Sceviour and Michael Haley for cheap.

Also VERY open to finding a good home for Keith Yandle, as some younger D are ready to step into bigger roles.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
:sens around

A lot of interest in Karlsson as expected. Duchene also getting a bit of interest so get your bids in.

Also would like to move into the top 3 of the draft.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
:canes around!

Haven't had many discussions. Looking to upgrade my centers, goalies, and wings. Basically everywhere but D.

Mischief Managed

Feb 10, 2012
Ottawa
:bolts
Looking for ways to trade Coburn and Callahan.
Wanting to make space for some of the prospects. Willing to move JT Miller, McDonagh, Stralman and Gourde in the right deals.

Last edited:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
GM Game 3 spoiler

Max Pacioretty will be our main asset in play before the draft. I will state it already, he will not come cheap. He had a difficult season last year but he prove in his whole career so far that it was an exception. We are not asking for an overpayment, we are asking for a fair return for a proven top line LW in his prime. If he isn't traded in the offseason, we are fairly confident that we can get at least a 2019 1st and a solid prospect back for him as a rental at the next trade deadline. If you want him now, the offer has to be more substantial.

Alex Galchenyuk could be available but only in a hockey trade.

I will listen to offers for the 3rd overall pick but only if a young high potential top line center or top pairing LHD is coming back in the trade.

I was about to list Brendan Gallagher as un untouchable but considering our needs down the middle, I am willing to consider a trade for a young proven top 6 center. If Gallagher is traded, the 3rd overall will be off the market.

Also on the trade block :
F Paul Byron
F Andrew Shaw
F Michael McCarron
D Karl Alzner
D David Schlemko
D Jordie Benn
G Charlie Lindgren

Close to untouchable :
Carey Price
Shea Weber
Jonathan Drouin

Galchenyuk is the player who is generating the most interest at the time we speak. I don’t think he will be moved unless I can get a young top 6 center back or in another trade. With that being said, feel free to change my mind!

Also some talks regarding Pacioretty, Gallagher and Byron but nothing serious so far.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
:wild here

We blowing shit up

Everyone available in our rebuild/retool process. Some great players. Staal, Zucker, Nino, Granlund, Brodin, Spurgeon, Dumba, etc. all can be had.

Hit me up and I can almost guarantee to have a piece that can fill one or more of your needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad