GDT: GM#82 LA Kings vs Dallas Stars @7:30

Who would rather play in the 1st round?

• Total voters

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
So with less than 3 minutes left on a power play down 2 you never pull your goalie. Kind of figured all along Kings wanted to take their chances with Vegas.
was at the game and thats the vibe I got throughout. not really one for conspiracy theories either but the whole game they were 2 steps behind and had zero energy....but they were all laughing and smiling haha. who knows

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
was at the game and thats the vibe I got throughout. not really one for conspiracy theories either but the whole game they were 2 steps behind and had zero energy....but they were all laughing and smiling haha. who knows

Benn was all smiles with all the Kings like every stoppage. I've never seen anything like it.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Benn was all smiles with all the Kings like every stoppage. I've never seen anything like it.

I saw that too. He was very chummy with Brown.

I'm not big on conspiracies in sports especially. But just like the Mayweather fight vs McGregor I think the Kings threw the game to land Vegas. The first period was unlike anything I've seen all smiles and zero effort

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I saw that too. He was very chummy with Brown.

I'm not big on conspiracies in sports especially. But just like the Mayweather fight vs McGregor I think the Kings threw the game to land Vegas. The first period was unlike anything I've seen all smiles and zero effort

Folin making a move as last man back, Fantenberg cutting in front of his own net into coverage :laugh:

Doughty being lazy as f*** on a simple coverage told me all I needed to know about their commitment to last night's game. I was suprised to see them completely take over the 2nd.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Folin making a move as last man back, Fantenberg cutting in front of his own net into coverage :laugh:

Doughty being lazy as **** on a simple coverage told me all I needed to know about their commitment to last night's game. I was suprised to see them completely take over the 2nd.

Curious to know what you think, would you classify it as not trying, or purposefully throwing the game to play Vegas ?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Curious to know what you think, would you classify it as not trying, or purposefully throwing the game to play Vegas ?

I don't think it was purposeful, but it was a complete lack of investment/focus on the task at hand. Like, they didn't go out of their way to not care about that game.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I don't think it was purposeful, but it was a complete lack of investment/focus on the task at hand. Like, they didn't go out of their way to not care about that game.

Almost positive they treated it as a WTF game, no real intensity on either side, they were out there having fun with nothing at stake to play for, they didn't/don't care who they play, not like the fans who have ideas etc, players are just gonna play whose in front of them, to them, it doesn't matter, which is what you want to have with your team etc.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->