GDT: GM#72 LA Kings vs New Jersey Devils @1:00pm

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Devils fan here, i've noticed the last few times I have watched the Kings in the afternoon Doughty hasn't looked very good. Is he usually off during day games or have I just been unlucky and caught a few of his bad ones?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Devils fan here, i've noticed the last few times I have watched the Kings in the afternoon Doughty hasn't looked very good. Is he usually off during day games or have I just been unlucky and caught a few of his bad ones?

He’s like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde, and turns into Randy Jones during day games.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
He's trying to do too much lately which makes him much worse. He's not skilled enough offensively to create offense for himself or the Kings consistently but he thinks he is. He himself said he dominates games. Well, he's trying to but he is doing the opposite. He's hurting his team with his selfish play.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
One of the few time in LA there was no traffic. Kinkaid saw every shot.

And Reider-Carter-Lewis is NOT working! Those 3 look lost together and have zero chemistry.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
They had a ton of PP’s early and were down 2 most of the game. Obviously not going to play Mitchell, Reider and Clifford a ton when looking for goals.

that 0-6 really hurt, especially the 5 on 3 that they tried to scored from the outside. Did a single play go down low?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
that 0-6 really hurt, especially the 5 on 3 that they tried to scored from the outside. Did a single play go down low?

They had few go down low, but NJ gave them zero room, LA didnt help themselves, but NJ played a solid game, there's a reason why they are in the playoffs in the East......

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Eww,

Just a bad game all around. Hopefully the Kings figure out Pacific teams at home, cause feasting on the EAST is over.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I always thought with a 5 on 3 powerplay, you try to move the puck.....to create space and an open net.

I saw 3 slapshots from the middle.
That's how the Kings play. It should be expose the 3 players with your 5 but they don't. On a five on three you're supposed to utilize the back of the net to make the 3 players collapse in. But they don't do it. I don't get it.

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 44-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I always thought with a 5 on 3 powerplay, you try to move the puck.....to create space and an open net.

Normally that's what you do yeah. This team seems to always be bad at 5 on 3. It's like they have too many options and get paralyzed.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

They tried, for about 10-20 seconds, when they couldn't do it, then panicked and just started trying to sling it on net

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad