GDT: GM#71 LA Kings vs Detroit Red Wings @7:00

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'd like Mackinnon over most of the field. But even on the Avs, his linemates are barely behind him. Hell there's a main board thread talking about 46 points in 10 games for the Avs top line. I agree with you that it shouldn't just be points, and on the flipside, I never want to punish a guy for having a good team, but as far as most valuable player, what is this year's team without Kopitar's game? Doughty is our 2nd leading scorer at 51 points! Though to also be fair the absence of Carter makes that gap smaller I'm sure. Just musing aloud on what would it take to get Kopitar some deserved attention? The guy can't do any more than he is.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Kopitar slashed a guy before Brown put in the empty net.

Back ref put his arm up for a penalty. Brown then scored. Ref went up to Kopitar and the Red Wing and apparently said **** it. Goal stands.

Pretty funny. Kopitar gets that respect.

Probably because he got hit late after the pass and didn't like it. No need to drill him by the bench when it was 3-1.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
How was Toffoli's goal unassisted? Doughty clearly threw it on net and Toffoli got the rebound (I also believe Kopitar should've gotten another assist on that as well if you watch it for an extended period of time).

It wasn't unassisited,kopi and drew got assists

PS. Didn't see other posts

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I hope not, yes, LaDue scored, but he did not have a strong game. Amadio I don't think is suited for the role they have him in on that 4th line, Mitchell is much better in that role, I do wonder if they swap Reider and Amadio out, but all I hear from yall is they want Amadio to be a center etc

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Kopitar is one point away from tying his career high of 81 points. Excellent bounce back season from Kopitar/Brown.
Kopitar has been outstanding this season. The Kings are going to need him to continue on this path to be competitive. A lot of doubt remains whether or not Blake can surround him with enough talent to win something before his game declines.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I watched the 2nd and some of the 3rd and the Kings looked pretty avg. to me. Kopitar is a beast and should get Hart consideration for carrying the team on his back. I'd be fine with MacKinnon, Eric Staal, Kopitar, or Hall winning it. I don't think Kucherov or Malkin deserve it due to their supporting cast being so great. Anyway, good 2 pts. and hopefully they continue to shut teams down offensively.

Reactions: funky

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
I feel like the Kings played a pretty below average Game tonight, but all that matters is winning and they did do that, so I can't complain.

justonetime

Mar 13, 2009
Probably because he got hit late after the pass and didn't like it. No need to drill him by the bench when it was 3-1.

I've been surprised this year by Kopitar's willingness to give a little something back to all the BS he takes night in and night out. For years he would just take it, this year I've seen him respond similarly several times.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Kopitar also completely eliminated a Red Wing who was trying to dangle out of his end, cant remember who. Forced a big turnovet. Its not that common from him, but he seems more willing to make a heavy hit than in the past.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Kopitar also completely eliminated a Red Wing who was trying to dangle out of his end, cant remember who. Forced a big turnovet. Its not that common from him, but he seems more willing to make a heavy hit than in the past.

Kopitar has also been probably his best along the boards this year than I've ever seen from him. He routinely gains possession in the offensive zone off of two opposing players trying to strip him on the boards. In the past few years after the cups, he usually lost it once two players came over.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I was at the game and it was a borefest for the first 2 periods, but I don't care as a win is a win. This is essentially playoff hockey with every game being crucial. Did Zetterberg retire before the game last night because I don't remember him doing anything noteworthy.

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad