GDT: GM#71 LA Kings vs Detroit Red Wings @7:00

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
How was Toffoli's goal unassisted? Doughty clearly threw it on net and Toffoli got the rebound (I also believe Kopitar should've gotten another assist on that as well if you watch it for an extended period of time).
weird, i assumed it was a doughty assist cause there's no way that puck gets there without his shot

kopi is a bit of a stretch imo

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
How was Toffoli's goal unassisted? Doughty clearly threw it on net and Toffoli got the rebound (I also believe Kopitar should've gotten another assist on that as well if you watch it for an extended period of time).
nm box score adjusted, doughty and kopi both

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Kings have 37 ROW's. 4th Best in the conference.

Also 4th best goal differential in the conference at +29.

Kopitar is on pace for 91pts. If by some miracle he averages 2 points per game from here on out he'd hit 100.
Really 4th best? I don't know what that says about the western conference lol.

And still the media doesn't acknowledge him cos they are all f***ing asleep.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

Kopitar is on pace for 91pts. If by some miracle he averages 2 points per game from here on out he'd hit 100.
ez 4pt night

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007

It wasn't, it just wasn't updated for a while since they scored during the goal announcement. You're correct on the assists giving Doughty 3A and Kopi 1g 3A.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Really 4th best? I don't know what that says about the western conference lol.

And still the media doesn't acknowledge him cos they are all ****ing asleep.
Western conference outside of Nashville is pretty average. Maybe Winnipeg with their insane offense but we'll see if their defense and goalie can handle the playoff pressure.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Good win,

Have to avoid losing streaks from here out. Also Kings only have one more game vs the EAST. Can't feast on the East after that.

onlyalad

New rule: no goalies.
Jan 13, 2008

As of this moment Kopitar has more points than Ovechkin

Reactions: The Pale King

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
It wasn't, it just wasn't updated for a while since they scored during the goal announcement. You're correct on the assists giving Doughty 3A and Kopi 1g 3A.
I thought so, so I gave it some time. Then i saw the empty net goal was updated and in the postgame show they still had Toffoli's goal as unassisted.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
This has been the best season of his career. He is either the best or second best defensive forward in the NHL, it's close and you can't go wrong with him or Bergeron. And he is going to score close to 35 goals and probably over 90 points with an undrafted rookie and a guy the Kings couldn't have given away last summer on his wings.

Kopitar should finish in the top 5 for MVP voting.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This has been the best season of his career. He is either the best or second best defensive forward in the NHL, it's close and you can't go wrong with him or Bergeron. And he is going to score close to 35 goals and probably over 90 points with an undrafted rookie and a guy the Kings couldn't have given away last summer on his wings.

Kopitar should finish in the top 5 for MVP voting.

The gap between Kopitar and 2nd (Drew Doughty) is 80 pts to 51. That's insanity. Kopitar's linemates have 38 and 55 points less than him.

People that were down on him last year don't need to just be eating crow, they need to be eating pterodactyl.

Only guy with a similar MVP case is Taylor Hall (76 to 45)...who is not a 200 ft. center.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I was there tonight. Puckered my butt the whole time. Felt for a long while like one of those games we'd find a way to lose despite everyone just playing technical hockey. At some point along the way it's like the Kings said "ok if you're going to put 5 in the neutral zone f*** it, we're not going to try to score either." Pretty clear their coach is just trying to get system buy in, Wings were basically playing on rails, even if those rails were stretch passes.

Quick was money. Doughty was phenomenal. Kopi was MVP. Best players were our best players and that bodes well.

5 of 6 points on a 3 in 4 nights that could have gone horribly wrong. I'm happy. Carry it.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
The gap between Kopitar and 2nd (Drew Doughty) is 80 pts to 51. That's insanity. Kopitar's linemates have 38 and 55 points less than him.

People that were down on him last year don't need to just be eating crow, they need to be eating pterodactyl.

Only guy with a similar MVP case is Taylor Hall (76 to 45)...who is not a 200 ft. center.
Too bad he probably won't even be a finalist because west coast. f*** those guys though Kopitar, we appreciate all you do.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Drew has 6 points, +5 in last 3 games. Starting to look better skating too again, which is good.

Too bad he has the Titanic strapped to his back.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Winning is never easy with these guys. Took 56 minutes to finally play the way they should've been from the start and just buried the Wings.

Reactions: BigKing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad